Bug in Asus 6z (automatically shuts down won't start easily)

girishsonu2000girishsonu2000 Level 2
edited September 30 in ZenFone 6
I'm facing this weird usual issue
Where my phone automatically shuts down and will start after 2-3 attempts 
I think it's a new bug that came with latest software update
Is there any way to fix this? 

Comments

• Same problem with my Asus 6z
  • vrn.blnvrn.bln Level 1
    Any solution to this yet, just brought the phone on 26 July crashed the first time now when I pick up the phone after few hours it starts to re boot. Are you guys facing any issues with WiFi or sim
  • vrn.bln said:
    Any solution to this yet, just brought the phone on 26 July crashed the first time now when I pick up the phone after few hours it starts to re boot. Are you guys facing any issues with WiFi or sim
    Wait for next update
  • vrn.blnvrn.bln Level 1
    Thanks , any idea from where I can keep track of the updates
  • I'm seeing the same restart issues, especially during charging, probably due to overheating. And also seeing the constant restarts of WiFi and sim networks
  • hope you guys tried resetting the device if still no luck take it to the service center.
  • hope you guys tried resetting the device if still no luck take it to the service center.
    even after resetting we are on same update that is Version WW-16.1220.1906.167
    and the major problem lies in this version .
    is there any way to downgrade this update
  • vrn.bln said:
    Thanks , any idea from where I can keep track of the updates
    https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
  • I am facing faced the same issue. WiFi problem, network problem, phone restarting after screen freeze, 2 to 5 attempts at restart. Factory reset didn't work, hard reset from recovery didn't work, installed full update (1.86 GB) from sd card via recovery didn't work. Taking to service center tomorrow. hope they solve the issue and make my phone working again. Seems like the latest update is the issue.
  • edited July 2019
    We have concluded that all devices with these issues must be sent in to your ASUS Service Center. It's most probably related to hardware issue even though it started with the latest update for some customers. So far, I have seen about 10 members in the english section of zentalk mentioning about these issues. If it had been software, then we would have see a lot more complaints.
  • We have concluded that all devices with these issues must be sent in to your ASUS Service Center. It's most probably related to hardware issue even though it started with the latest update for some customers. So far, I have seen about 10 members in the english section of zentalk mentioning about these issues. If it had been software, then we would have see a lot more complaints.
    will there be a replacement as we got faulty product,
    since we paid for the device at least we were expecting a good and reliable phone not a faulty phone,
    not even a month has passed since we purchased this phone and we need to take device to service center 
    to be honest its extremely disappointing .
  • Today when I woke up , phone did'nt started. I tried several times , then automatically started after 1 hr .
  • We have concluded that all devices with these issues must be sent in to your ASUS Service Center. It's most probably related to hardware issue even though it started with the latest update for some customers. So far, I have seen about 10 members in the english section of zentalk mentioning about these issues. If it had been software, then we would have see a lot more complaints.
    now my phone is completely dead 
    even stopped charging , seems like its indeed a hardware issue.
    i am going to take it to service center on monday.
    lets see weather my zenfone 6 works properly or not after that
  • Go to service centre they will replace the motherboard
  • Go to service centre they will replace the motherboard
    you went to service center?
    and now your issue is solved?

• nikhil.sen93nikhil.sen93 Level 1
    edited August 2019
    Hey guys i had  this problem 20 days back... i gave it to the service center which is placed in mumbai (borivali), they said
    that they can't fix the issue so they will have to ship it to asus and it will take 14 days to solve the problem. Now i received my phone where they said that the issue was resolved but crap... my phone is in the same damn condition crashed twice and now its not evening booting, attaching 2 files for proof as well. The phone restarted and now it's stuck on the asus logo... I genuinely regret buying this phone. I am going to give it back to them and if the issue is not resolved i will raise a complaint in the consumer court for refunding the amount as that is the only alternative i think is possible as the overall asus after sales service is terrible...

Update on this issue : I am not even able to force shut down or restart the phone from this asus logo

• I also facing an problem while screen automatically shut down 
  • What is the solution while screen automatically shutting down ??? It is very annoying . This all happened after new up update please fix this bug
  • What is the solution while screen automatically shutting down ??? It is very annoying . This all happened after new up update please fix this bug
    service center
  • My phone is completely dead following this update. I have contacted Asus and they have refused repair, apparently I have no warranty at all on the phone. Is that even legal? The phone was purchased brand new and I have proof of purchase!
This discussion has been closed.