This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 2 phone Stopped charging via the bottom USB C and side port ! Need urgent help.

Harveen
Star II
Hi Team ,
I am facing the Charging problem , the bottom USBC port stopped functioning .
When this started to happen I got a message that the USB Charging port is too high temperature and please reachout to the service center. I also smelled a burning smell coming out of the bottom charging port.
The Side USBC worked for some time , but eventually died as I got similar message , Charging port is too hot. And got the burning smell from the side port as well.
The Service center is closed in My city due to the lockdown, please help! My work is getting impacted due to this problem.
Serial Number : K9AIGF00V009NSL . Build number: QKQ1.190825.002.WW_phone-17.0230.2004.60
Running on Android 10 . Always used the Official 30 W/

18W charger. Phone is not rooted and running on the official android 10.
From what I read , this appears to be a known hardware/software issue . Can you please ship a replacement device to help in such desparate times.
Please reachout to me harveen.oberoy@gmail.com as soon as possible as my work is getting impacted due to this .
Regards,
Harveen
5 REPLIES 5

Harveen
Star II
Just a quick update on this .
After months of hassle with the Asus support team , I was able to get someone to help me and using the local service center ; shipped phone to banglore .
After around 1.5 months , I got the phone back from service center ;
The problem they told me was with the inside Charging Cable burnt ; --( Possibly a defect in that product component . ) To Fix they replaced the Charging Cable of the bottom USB C port.
Very poor quality of a premium phone ;
Definitely will think twice before going for brand like Asus , atleast till they prove themselves in premium markets.
Also , no extended warrenty was provided considering two months the phone was not working due to a product problem ; they should have increased the warranty as you may never know if this problem will happen again or not.
A very bad customer experience .
Regards,
Harveen