This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 shuts down when charging

ejvtan
Star II
Has anyone had this issue on their ROG 2 when they charge it keeps shutting down. Phone keeps on shutting down when charging. Can't seem to find a fix.
Tested the charger and tried wiping my phone.
21 REPLIES 21

eugeneus_genius
Star II
I am also experiencing this issue - trust me - its so annoying wanting to charge my phone and it shuts down when I plug in the charger.
As of the hack that I found - it is meant for those who could not go to a service center. Not a solution whatsoever.
The device shuts down when using a USBC Quick Charge capable cable. But when it is plugged and charge with a USBA cable +USBC adapter - the phone doesn't shut down. It stays charging albeit charging slowly.
That's all. As for sending my device to a service center - tencent edition rog2 is not accepted by ASUS service center in my area.
That's all. Thx.
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117305#Comment_117305

Hey man this is the same issue we are talking about. It shuts down during charging because of heating to around 42°C . SOFTWARE UPDATE CANT FIX THIS ISSUE. Get it to service centre for replacement\repair.

View post

eugeneus_genius
Star II
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117305#Comment_117305

Hey man this is the same issue we are talking about. It shuts down during charging because of heating to around 42°C . SOFTWARE UPDATE CANT FIX THIS ISSUE. Get it to service centre for replacement\repair.

View post
I am getting the same issue as well - my phone SHUTS DOWN when charging on a Quick charger. Regarding it shutting down at 42 degrees - I have placed my phone on my vehicle air conditioner and it still shuts down when using Quick charger.
As I am using a tencent edition ROG 2 - the ASUS service operator in my region does not accepts the phone - even for repairs.
As of the slow charging method - it works for me. For those who could not send your phone to a service center - USE A SLOW CHARGER. Or a USB-A cable paired with USB-C adapter. This combination works and it does not shuts down the phone.
I am not saying it is a software issue. I am saying I found a hack that works. Hope to share it with others.
Hope you understand.