cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Fair enough! I will suggest this to our developers

_jis_
Zen Master III
...Our software developers have decided that they want it to act like this.
...Our developers thinks it's more important that novice users doesn't accidentally press something that will make the call go away.
...I know what you're thinking and I agree but some people are useless and we need to make a phone that works for everyone. 
Someone clearly forgot ideas behind ZF6:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/5474/asus-zenfone-6-defies-ordinary-with-its-flip-camera

By the end of 2018, ASUS streamlined its mobile phone strategy to focus on two key groups of consumers: 

gamers and power users

With this in mind, the company started planning a revolutionary user experience for its new flagship phone: the ZenFone 6.

"Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off"
This behaviour is non standard in Android World, I haven't met an Android phone that would behave like this.
Please don't dumb down the device aimed for power users like no other one.
Please rectify it and make it standard.

Thank you for escalation this suggestion to your developers.

alancs06
Star II
Our software developers have decided that they want it to act like this.
If it was up to me, then I would want it to work exactly like you want it with pop up notification during calls and everything but we're both power users and our developers thinks it's more important that novice users doesn't accidentally press something that will make the call go away. They won't know that they will find the call in the notification drop down if they press the home button. And they might get confused if they accidentally press the power button and can't see the screen.
I know what you're thinking and I agree but some people are useless and we need to make a phone that works for everyone. 
Dear Asus Team,
I'm not gonna accept your developers suggestion or solution. If I press the power button, everyother android phones is completely locks the display until I press again the power button. But in Asus 6z, screen is fully ON even if I press the power button. And I have disabled the Proximity sensor too. Completely dissatisfied with this behaviour. And the proximity sensor also not working properly in the call screen but it works well when I test it. So please update it in the next release, since it is one of the major issue in the mobile device.

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
Please fix the issues with calling screen app. Just need the app to behave the same way as any other Android phone. It is getting so frustrating.
@Anders_ASUS kindly let the developers know.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We're sending all your feedback to our developers and the decision makers. They have their reasons for the current behavior and they're not going to change their opinion over a day but maybe eventually.
Thank you!