ZS630KL keeps crashing after the latest OTA update (ver *.167)

2

Comments

  • Mine died last week and it's still dead. I got an 8GB RAM version and it was great for 3 weeks... until it died without a reason.
  • ASUS won't give replacement. They will give the excuse of policy. Better get it repaired and hope that the issue doesn't occur again.
  • metallus said:
    Mine died last week and it's still dead. I got an 8GB RAM version and it was great for 3 weeks... until it died without a reason.
    So sorry for the issue that occured on your ZenFone 6. Please contact your local ASUS service center for further help on the repair process.

    Br 
    CH
  • I am from Chennai and after the latest firm ware update yesterday my phone has crashed multiple times. Does boot loop for 5 to 6 time. Where is the service centre in Chennai. Thankful 



  • Hey guys i had this problem 20 days back... i gave it to the service center they said that they can't fix the issue so they will have to ship it to asus and it will take 14 days to solve the problem. Now i received my phone where they said that the issue was resolved but crap... my phone is in the same damn condition crashed twice and now its not evening booting. The phone restarted and now it's stuck on the asus logo... I am not even able to force shut down or restart the phone from this asus logo. I genuinely regret buying this phone. I am going to give it back to them and if the issue is not resolved i will raise a complaint in the consumer court for refunding the amount as that is the only alternative i think is possible as the overall asus after sales service is terrible...
  • I am yet to receive my phone. But that's the route I would take if anymore issues come up with the phone. ASUS should have replaced or refunded for these cases in the first place. Now that they are giving excuse for policies, a legal approach is very much necessary.
  • I hope now the moderators can see the seriousness of the situation and understand that it's not just few customers anymore.
  • Mine just switched off in the middle of a call and refused to boot after holding the power button, battery was ~70%. I tried multiple combinations of power button and volume keys and it didn't switch on. I waited a couple of minutes and then tried again by holding the power button for approximately a minute and it finally switched on.  No idea why this happened and not sure if it'll happen again  

    It was on the  .174 version, I had also installed the .167 version when it was released.  All updates were through FOTA.

    Haven't faced any crashes or reboots but randomly switching off and refusing to switch on is worrying.
  • https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-devices-motherboard-malfunction/


    This issue has been highlighted in the XDA developers forum. Apparently the software update causes the hardware to malfunction. ASUS  is calling in the affected devices for repairs. My point is why is ASUS not giving replacement to the customers who are affected. However you do repairs, the phone loses its value once it has been repaired. It is not the fresh new phone bought just weeks ago if you are performing repair work on the device. ASUS is cheating its customers and looting the customers money based on a technicality of policy. I have lost all faith in ASUS. 
  • ankur.kar said:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-devices-motherboard-malfunction/


    This issue has been highlighted in the XDA developers forum. Apparently the software update causes the hardware to malfunction. ASUS  is calling in the affected devices for repairs. My point is why is ASUS not giving replacement to the customers who are affected. However you do repairs, the phone loses its value once it has been repaired. It is not the fresh new phone bought just weeks ago if you are performing repair work on the device. ASUS is cheating its customers and looting the customers money based on a technicality of policy. I have lost all faith in ASUS. 
    totally agree 
    after-all no one wants to pay original price for a refurbished phone
    if someone is paying fully they do deserve a brand new phone.  
  • DJ RVDJ RV Level 1
    After receiving an update of 300 mb mine 6z is crashing. Automatic restart is in continuation also there is no change after being formatted completely.
    Phone gets restarted wherever whatever you are doing either mailing, listen songs, watching videos etc. It has become annoying, even there is no physical damage done on phone still this issue is occurring on daily basis which has become pathetic. Need solution urgently from team Asus 
  • DJ RV said:
    After receiving an update of 300 mb mine 6z is crashing. Automatic restart is in continuation also there is no change after being formatted completely.
    Phone gets restarted wherever whatever you are doing either mailing, listen songs, watching videos etc. It has become annoying, even there is no physical damage done on phone still this issue is occurring on daily basis which has become pathetic. Need solution urgently from team Asus 
    only 1 solution available till now that is go to service center 
  • DJ RVDJ RV Level 1
    Are you sure is there no chance of getting rid of this issue by receiving an update against tjis
  • The issue is a hardware malfunction- specifically the motherboard - caused due to the software update. Not all devices are affected but it seems some. Those who are still under the 10 day replacement period can replace the phone if facing this issue. Otherwise for now Asus is only providing repair. I urge Asus to reconsider their policy for this case as it is exceptional yet unacceptable.
  • B.walletunB.walletun Level 1
    edited August 2019
    This is a real horror release. All broken devices should should be replaced, not repaired. 
  • Let's hope ASUS realizes the gravity of the situation and about the unfair treatment it's giving to the customers.
  • ankur.kar said:
    Let's hope ASUS realizes the gravity of the situation and about the unfair treatment it's giving to the customers.
    well, i dont think its goona happen.
  • Currently in Poland, 3 copies are in the service center. One of them for 35 days. Parts are missing to repair phones.
  • Same here in India . I was assured that I would get the phone this week. Called yesterday and they told me they still didn't receive the part but assured me that I would get it this Monday. But I really doubt them as their assurance is as pathetic as their policies.
  • ankur.kar said:
    Same here in India . I was assured that I would get the phone this week. Called yesterday and they told me they still didn't receive the part but assured me that I would get it this Monday. But I really doubt them as their assurance is as pathetic as their policies.
    so got your phone back?
    working properly now??
This discussion has been closed.