[ZS620KL] Touch panel issue.

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL.
Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, moderators!
I bought a ZenFone 5Z to play a few games that are heavier than my previous smartphone could run.
I'm satisfied with the graphic performance and even the audio is enough to make the game fun.
But the touch panel is not congruent with the overall performance of the device.
In shooting games (more noticeable in those in first-person, although also present in those in third-person) the aim simply does not follow the given command as it should.
There is a delay in response, where the finger goes and only after almost 1 second the aim follows (which seems little, but makes a huge difference in this kind of game).
Besides the problems when trying to make fine adjustments when aiming.
One of them happens when you lean your finger on the screen and try to move the aim slowly. The aim only starts to move after the finger has moved a little, as if there was a dead zone before the response when the finger slides.
The other problem occurs when sliding the finger, also slowly, the screen flickers, as if the response of that finger pulses between each area touched during the slide.
By the way, all these things are not only felt in games, but in the system and also in test applications it is possible to reproduce.
Could you check these issues?
37 REPLIES 37

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi burakterzi91 & BrunoF20
Thank you for your reply. Kindly check your inbox and PM me back the logs and video to avoid any personal information leaking.
So far I haven't received any logs and videos yet. Anyone who faces the same situation and willing to provide the logs and video please reply the thread. Thank you.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
BrunoF20

I can reproduce the delay she's saying, sadly, it's only detected when recorded with another device.

View post
Bruno, can you please help us with a recording from another device plus log? I'm still not able to reproduce the issue Alice described

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119345#Comment_119345

Bruno, can you please help us with a recording from another device plus log? I'm still not able to reproduce the issue Alice described

View post
Please guysz anyone of you @Alice Renaut @subhojit.dey @burakterzi91 @Abhinav provide recording with another device with logs showing this👇
screenshot-20200929-181224072-281-29.jpg
@Anders_ASUS needs them to stabalize 5z touch panel issue

bruno is unfortunately unable to do that due to unavailability of another device with him
Guysz please help lets us together help fix this touch issue finally for our flagship 5z
Yes,we can do it 😊

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119910#Comment_119910

Please guysz anyone of you @Alice Renaut @subhojit.dey @burakterzi91 @Abhinav provide recording with another device with logs showing this👇

screenshot-20200929-181224072-281-29.jpg

@Anders_ASUS needs them to stabalize 5z touch panel issue

bruno is unfortunately unable to do that due to unavailability of another device with him

Guysz please help lets us together help fix this touch issue finally for our flagship 5z

Yes,we can do it 😊

View post
sorry i use only one device 😞
I don't understand this. I did multi-touch test and record in game. I showed touch problems. Don't people believe it ?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
burakterzi91

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119921#Comment_119921

sorry i use only one device 😞

I don't understand this. I did multi-touch test and record in game. I showed touch problems. Don't people believe it ?

View post
Yes they understand that touch needs to be fixed no doubt but for what exact problems touch should be examined is the reason they need recordings and logs
More we show them problem recording with other cam the better they can work on exact issues to be fix
I hope you understand plz dont mind 😊