This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 shuts down when charging

ejvtan
Star II
Has anyone had this issue on their ROG 2 when they charge it keeps shutting down. Phone keeps on shutting down when charging. Can't seem to find a fix.
Tested the charger and tried wiping my phone.
21 REPLIES 21

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Copied from another thread: If you're (frequently) experiencing this issue, please take your device to a local service center for RMA. As for root causes to this issue, we're still studying logs and devices.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
vikrantsharma980

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87017#Comment_87017

Yes, they still exist but atleast the phone is usable now. Also I'm experiencing exact same issue as yours, since downgrade hasn't solved the problem have you tried reaching the service centre? I've tried to reach one in my city but the response is tribble.

View post
I am yet to contact the service center because of the lockdown. Well the moderator talks about contacting the service center for 'RMA' . What did the service center guys tell you?

vikrantsharma98
Star III
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/87023#Comment_87023

I am yet to contact the service center because of the lockdown. Well the moderator talks about contacting the service center for 'RMA' . What did the service center guys tell you?

View post
I'm not able to get in touch with them, been calling for days either they reject the call or just don't answer. I'll try just visiting sometime soon. Also mine is now out of nowhere just switching off in few minutes just after plugging it in, wheather i use it or not, just like it was in A10.

eugeneus_genius
Star II
I notice this charging issue as well on my rog 2 - plug in charger cable and the phone shuts down after 1 min.

I suspect this might have something to do with the charging driver in the phone. Somehow quick/fast charging screws up the internals and causing the shut down.

I am able to overcome this issue by using a lower end cable. Cable that supports quick/fast charging causes the device to heat up so fast that the device shuts down immediately.

Using a less powerful cable seem to be the solution for me. Though I do really know what really causes this issue and hope it can be solved via a software update.

Also I'm using android 10 when this issue started happening.

Hope this helps.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
eugeneus.genius

I notice this charging issue as well on my rog 2 - plug in charger cable and the phone shuts down after 1 min.

I suspect this might have something to do with the charging driver in the phone. Somehow quick/fast charging screws up the internals and causing the shut down.

I am able to overcome this issue by using a lower end cable. Cable that supports quick/fast charging causes the device to heat up so fast that the device shuts down immediately.

Using a less powerful cable seem to be the solution for me. Though I do really know what really causes this issue and hope it can be solved via a software update.

Also I'm using android 10 when this issue started happening.

Hope this helps.

View post
Hey man this is the same issue we are talking about. It shuts down during charging because of heating to around 42°C . SOFTWARE UPDATE CANT FIX THIS ISSUE. Get it to service centre for replacement\repair.