Did you mean: 

DON'T WAIT FOR A10 UPDATE !

dkcj
Star III
This thread is for users who are:
1. Annoyed or bored of using stock android
2. Disappointed coz of the delay in A10 update by ASUS
3. Wondering why you bought an ASUS phone in first place 🤔

Firstly, Google about what custom ROMs are and check out it's advantages over stock ROM and get a clear idea about it.
I've seen a few videos on youtube and based on that I think the Evolution X rom is the best ROM for Asus Zenfone max pro M1 (personal choice)
Few other custom rom suggestions- Havoc OS, Corvus OS, Lineage OS.

REASONS: 
1. They have a lot of features that stock android can't offer
2. You can personalize almost everything
3. Enhanced performance compared to stock ROM (certain kernals enhances the device performance even further) 
4. Frequent OTA updates are available
5. These ROMs will be running on A11 before ASUS would provide the A10 update 🤭

PS: There are a lot of YouTube videos explaining this step by step (I'd recommend '24by7everything' channel for max pro M1 users)
14 REPLIES 14

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
dkcj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114243#Comment_114243

Custom ROMs are 100% safe. Their source code is available in GitHub where everyone can see it. So the developers won't add any additional code to it to steal your data. You don't have to worry about it.

And using a custom ROM doesn't mean you have to root your phone. You can use it even without rooting it.

If you are still not convinced with the safety aspect of custom ROMs, you can reach out in telegram channels where developers and coders will there ✌🏽

View post
Magisk may no longer be able to hide bootloader unlocking from appsAnd custom roms will not be able to hide bootloader status. Read full article to understand.

as
Star II
Yes, I think best is Android should have provision to auto update official security updates directly without manufacturer. Phones should have both the clean Android version or a manufacturers version. Users can be given a choice which to take (mostly all would go for the unmodified Android version directly .

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
as

Yes, I think best is Android should have provision to auto update official security updates directly without manufacturer. Phones should have both the clean Android version or a manufacturers version. Users can be given a choice which to take (mostly all would go for the unmodified Android version directly .

View post
Project mainline?

as
Star II
Yes correct. similar to that. I guess new phones will have that feature.
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118535#Comment_118535

Project mainline?

View post

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
as

Yes correct. similar to that. I guess new phones will have that feature.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118538#Comment_118538

View post
No, every phone with android 10 will have that feature, it is already on the android 10 beta for asus zenfone max pro m1 and M2.