[ZS620KL] Touch panel issue.

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL.
Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, moderators!
I bought a ZenFone 5Z to play a few games that are heavier than my previous smartphone could run.
I'm satisfied with the graphic performance and even the audio is enough to make the game fun.
But the touch panel is not congruent with the overall performance of the device.
In shooting games (more noticeable in those in first-person, although also present in those in third-person) the aim simply does not follow the given command as it should.
There is a delay in response, where the finger goes and only after almost 1 second the aim follows (which seems little, but makes a huge difference in this kind of game).
Besides the problems when trying to make fine adjustments when aiming.
One of them happens when you lean your finger on the screen and try to move the aim slowly. The aim only starts to move after the finger has moved a little, as if there was a dead zone before the response when the finger slides.
The other problem occurs when sliding the finger, also slowly, the screen flickers, as if the response of that finger pulses between each area touched during the slide.
By the way, all these things are not only felt in games, but in the system and also in test applications it is possible to reproduce.
Could you check these issues?
37 REPLIES 37

Alice_Renaut
Star III
By the way, @Christine_ASUS.
There are some things I would like you to test (and this I am sure you will be able to reproduce).
Using a multi-touch tester, it can be the one from ASUS or the one from 511plus (available on the Play Store, with graphics that show the problem more clearly), you will slowly slide over the screen one finger, then try with two, three and so on.
You will notice, with extreme ease, the problem we are reporting, from the three-finger glide.
All the other devices I've had have never performed so badly, even with more than five fingers on the screen.
This causes the problem of fine-tuning the scope in shooting games, even with only one or two fingers.
As for the delay, it is also easy to check.
First, in the multi-touch tester, move two fingers quickly over the screen (also more evident when using more fingers) and notice that the graphic (which represents the touch) is even one or two centimeters away from where the finger really is.
Another delay, this one more annoying, happens when you lean two fingers on the screen and when you try to move one of them slowly, you notice that the movement is only recognized half an inch or more (the slower, the more noticeable the issue becomes).
Could you test and comment about these three issues?
Couldn't these be caused by a failure in queuing actions due to thread asynchrony or even between the CPU and the GPU?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi burakterzi91
Thank you for your reply. Are you willing to collect the logs to assist us understanding your issue more? I will send you the step after you agree to help.

Hi Alice Renaut
Thank you for your reply. Kindly refer to the video below as multi-touch test you mentioned in ZenFone 5 V17.0615.2005.25 and ZenFone 5Z WW-100.10.107.99. I can hardly notice the difference. I still need the logs and videos from users and you for further checking.
ASUS multi-touch test
511plus multi-touch test

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Christine_ASUS

Hi burakterzi91

Thank you for your reply. Are you willing to collect the logs to assist us understanding your issue more? I will send you the step after you agree to help.

Hi Alice Renaut

Thank you for your reply. Kindly refer to the video below as multi-touch test you mentioned in ZenFone 5 V17.0615.2005.25 and ZenFone 5Z WW-100.10.107.99. I can hardly notice the difference. I still need the logs and videos from users and you for further checking.

ASUS multi-touch test

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/BWM7ZKAKF6MY/vid-20200928-110637.mp4

511plus multi-touch test

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/LHSGB6DMHCPV/vid-20200928-110612.mp4

View post
"...you will slowly slide over the screen one finger, then try with two, three and so on."
"...when you lean two fingers on the screen and when you try to move one of them slowly..."
For the quick movement test, it is best noticed by sliding from the top of the screen down. In fact, this is the one that least bothers us.
Stuttering bugs are the worst, followed by what simulates a dead zone of an analog control.
I think that ZenFone 5 is the best way to compare, don't they use the same panel?
In addition, I would like to thank you for your patience and good will.

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi burakterzi91

Hi Alice Renaut

ASUS multi-touch test

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/BWM7ZKAKF6MY/vid-20200928-110637.mp4

511plus multi-touch test

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/LHSGB6DMHCPV/vid-20200928-110612.mp4

View post
Yes
I tested it for 2 minutes. I cut the video because it was long. The same happens in the game, after a while, he can not detect it. has a multitouch problem. Short-term tests are misleading. When I test it, it works well, but test for a long time, the screen does not detect touch. I also have a second or two lag in games, but I have to keep my hand off the screen, and there will be a perception problem when I stay on the screen for a long time.
Also It will also be difficult to show in the game. It works properly for a while, when suddenly it doesn't detect when you need to press the skill for a second or two, 1.2 Seconds destroys your whole experience in the game.
I have no problem with daily use. An app that will enable multitouch (if I open a game) suddenly the screen reacts late
our wish is stable multi-touch/touch screen response

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
sorry samsung note 2's screen even works more stable than Zenfone 5z. 😭