ganeshgannu007
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I want to tell you that this phone, ROG 3 is having severe black levels issue. I have pitched it against OnePlus 6 whic is more than 2 years old and this phone cannot compete against that.
My questions are these,
1. Is the display panel used in this phone bad quality?
2. Can this be fixed by software updates? I don't see how cuz I already got 2 updates for fixing yet nothing happend.
3. Can I get a replacement or the display replacement under warranty If this display is faulty?
4. Is my display ok or faulty?
5. Is this display AMOLED or LCD?🤔😒

Pls watch the below files and do let me know what I can do and What Asus can or is Doing?
@Laura_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @TITAN
@CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @gabriel_prado @falcon9 @laura50123
img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

ganeshgannu007
Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36600/poor-black-levels-and-further-black-crush-in-asus-rog-p...

Asus is continuously tunning black crush issue and you can see more improvement in coming FOTA dont worry!

Also i would say only most of 90hz and above refresh rate devices have such issues like black crush/red tint/green tint etc

Rog is not only one you can check oneplus 8 pro/samsung note 20 ultra/samsung s20+ forums you will see number of users complaining so i request you just wait ASUS is trying really hard to get towards fix as early as possible

And also yes it would be much fair comparision if you would have compared rog 3 with any other 90hz and above refresh rate models as this crush issue occur mostly on higer refresh rate panels only

oneplus 6 is 60hz this does not justify comparisions

Thanks!😊

View post
Ya I have checked it at every setting i found the same. Even though I see Rog 3 as a superior device here.
I know Asus is working on it. I jus waited for tow updates upto .70 version, yet the issue was still there.
It may be in oneplus 8 or samsung i dont want to know.
I hope atleast at full brightness the black leves are maintained. That way problem might not be there at most of the time as we use it at full brightness.
Hope this will be resolved. I want to enjoy this phone.

ganeshgannu007
Star II
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36600/poor-black-levels-and-further-black-crush-in-asus-rog-p...

download firefox, open same youtube, ull see black are black. Its just google poor black crush fix.

View post
I will try this and the issue is on other apps also lyk netflix, amazon prime video etc.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

Asus is continuously tunning black crush issue and you can see more improvement in coming FOTA dont worry!

Also i would say only most of 90hz and above refresh rate devices have such issues like black crush/red tint/green tint etc

Rog is not only one you can check oneplus 8 pro/samsung note 20 ultra/samsung s20+ forums you will see number of users complaining so i request you just wait ASUS is trying really hard to get towards fix as early as possible

And also yes it would be much fair comparision if you would have compared rog 3 with any other 90hz and above refresh rate models as this crush issue occur mostly on higer refresh rate panels only

oneplus 6 is 60hz this does not justify comparisions

Thanks!😊

View post
screenshot-20200927-154653094.jpg
OnePlus is replacing phones with black crush issue. And one of the mods previously said that black crush will never go away fully.
When will Asus start a replacement policy for devices facing this problem.

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
ganeshgannu007

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I want to tell you that this phone, ROG 3 is having severe black levels issue. I have pitched it against OnePlus 6 whic is more than 2 years old and this phone cannot compete against that.

My questions are these,

1. Is the display panel used in this phone bad quality?

2. Can this be fixed by software updates? I don't see how cuz I already got 2 updates for fixing yet nothing happend.

3. Can I get a replacement or the display replacement under warranty If this display is faulty?

4. Is my display ok or faulty?

5. Is this display AMOLED or LCD?🤔😒

Pls watch the below files and do let me know what I can do and What Asus can or is Doing?

@Laura_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @TITAN

@CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @gabriel_prado @falcon9 @laura50123

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/UW3T5BQSTGS6/vid-20200927-wa0000.mp4

img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

Poor BLACK LEVELS and Further BLACK CRUSH in ASUS ROG PHONE 3
Suffering from same issue

ganeshgannu007
Star II
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118826#Comment_118826

screenshot-20200927-154653094.jpg

OnePlus is replacing phones with black crush issue. And one of the mods previously said that black crush will never go away fully.

When will Asus start a replacement policy for devices facing this problem.

View post
Excatly, either the problem must be gone or else device must be replaced.