jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

I was having same issue after i updated to android 10 i thought that after few days of uses it will get normal then i waited for updates after update same issue battery drain , high ideal cpu uses and device heating while doing nothing , at last I finally downgrade to Android 9 and all the issues as solved . I suggest you to downgrade to android 9 , and wait for Android 10 issue to be solved then upgrade back to android 10 . After downgrade to Android 9 I am getting around 10 hours screen on time . Much better than android 10 .

So far the only working method is force stop HardwareStubService from settings-apps-click three dots top right-show system-search for 'stub' then select the stub service and force stop. Although cpu usage problm happens again when you install an app but repeating the above step again solves it. Better than the tedious adb method.

I could go up to two days without charging the phone, even with bluetooth and GPS always on, using some games and watching videos.
Now, after the update, the battery goes from 100% to less than 10% in less than ten hours.
Asus, I already switched from your ROG laptops to another brand. Do I need to switch to their phone too?

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
There has to be an update regarding the battery issue we are facing after the latest update , I would also request to please make this update battery focused not only fixing this problem , also help in improving battery life as it was of A9 , not exactly like it was but somehow better than what we getting even before this update. Ik pushing security updates n all will make it tough to only focus on this issue , but as of now when there is being an update regarding battery I would geuinely request you guys to make this battery centric update . Pleaseeeee 🙂 Thankyou .

Felis_Alpha
Rising Star I
jorgeepelos

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118585#Comment_118585

Hi friend. Can u tell me what app are u using? Is very interesting

View post
It's "SystemPanel 2". After installation follow the instruction for advanced features to unlock it (use the ADB instructions, not the zip file they use)