ganeshgannu007
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I want to tell you that this phone, ROG 3 is having severe black levels issue. I have pitched it against OnePlus 6 whic is more than 2 years old and this phone cannot compete against that.
My questions are these,
1. Is the display panel used in this phone bad quality?
2. Can this be fixed by software updates? I don't see how cuz I already got 2 updates for fixing yet nothing happend.
3. Can I get a replacement or the display replacement under warranty If this display is faulty?
4. Is my display ok or faulty?
5. Is this display AMOLED or LCD?🤔😒

Pls watch the below files and do let me know what I can do and What Asus can or is Doing?
@Laura_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @TITAN
@CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @gabriel_prado @falcon9 @laura50123
img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

Sunaina
Rising Star I
ganeshgannu007

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I want to tell you that this phone, ROG 3 is having severe black levels issue. I have pitched it against OnePlus 6 whic is more than 2 years old and this phone cannot compete against that.

My questions are these,

2. Can this be fixed by software updates? I don't see how cuz I already got 2 updates for fixing yet nothing happend.

3. Can I get a replacement or the display replacement under warranty If this display is faulty?

Pls watch the below files and do let me know what I can do and What Asus can or is Doing?

@CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @gabriel_prado @falcon9 @laura50123

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/UW3T5BQSTGS6/vid-20200927-wa0000.mp4

img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

Poor BLACK LEVELS and Further BLACK CRUSH in ASUS ROG PHONE 3
60hz vs 144hz
Both have different calibrations (black crush and tint began becoming prominent from 90hz and greater,60 doesn't have such issues atleast not this much noticeable)
A fair comparison would be with another high refresh rate phone with atleast 120hz

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ganeshgannu007

My questions are these,

img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

Asus is continuously tunning black crush issue and you can see more improvement in coming FOTA dont worry!
Also i would say only most of 90hz and above refresh rate devices have such issues like black crush/red tint/green tint etc
Rog is not only one you can check oneplus 8 pro/samsung note 20 ultra/samsung s20+ forums you will see number of users complaining so i request you just wait ASUS is trying really hard to get towards fix as early as possible
And also yes it would be much fair comparision if you would have compared rog 3 with any other 90hz and above refresh rate models as this crush issue occur mostly on higer refresh rate panels only
oneplus 6 is 60hz this does not justify comparisions
Thanks!😊

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ganeshgannu007

My questions are these,

img-20200920-wa0009.jpg

download firefox, open same youtube, ull see black are black. Its just google poor black crush fix.

ganeshgannu007
Star II
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36600/poor-black-levels-and-further-black-crush-in-asus-rog-p...

60hz vs 144hz

Both have different calibrations (black crush and tint began becoming prominent from 90hz and greater,60 doesn't have such issues atleast not this much noticeable)

A fair comparison would be with another high refresh rate phone with atleast 120hz

View post
Thanq for the reply.
I have the refresh rate at 90hz only. And I have checked at every setting