This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad display

GameOjas
Rising Star I
First time buying a Asus phone with brand name ROG which screams power and quality. True to gamers
Had no high expectations from this device but I took it guaranteed that we will have a good display not amazing but usable. Even phone which cost 10k has better display. To top off all this with no proper response from the brand. It is unacceptable service.
If Asus Don't want to do something about this. Then we should. We should let other people know that they should save their money and buy something else.

Everyone who is facing black crush issue should post #rogphone3baddisplay on twitter.

28 REPLIES 28

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118681#Comment_118681

If the technology isn't there for high refresh rate why did Asus take our money and why we have to pay 50k to beta test there product for them.

We must be living in upside-down world now.

I think most AMOLED screens used in phones are made by Samsung... And making AMOLED screens is same as making cookies in a way...

Sometimes some are overcook and other come out perfectly in a same tray... That's why most companies who buy screens test them before they put them in a final product.

All companies get issues with their products and it is normal. We understand it. But the lack of official statement and no sight for any kind of solution is a problem here.

We need a solution.

View post
And about this it's just a race of having higher refresh rates right now
OEMs need high hz to market their display faster and smoothest in the world and I'll say to you that many buy because of this
And only a handful of people are here reporting issues with display on zentalk many don't care lol (they either can't spot it or don't care as it doesn't interfere with their usecase)
So yeah depends on the buyer
90hz is the safest bet with least tint and black crush right now beyond that needs good calibration which is rare with OEMs

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118705#Comment_118705

screenshot-20200927-154653094.jpg

My cousin and one of my friend also bought this phone right when it went on sale in india. And they both got there phones replace by OnePlus in July.

View post
Yes so? You can replace rog too only in some isolated cases replacement application gets rejected
Many here on this forum too has replaced units
And that's a OnePlus support guy he doesn't have the exact information, a moderators word is way more legible as he has direct connection to developers and the company so his words will have more value than a support representative like the ones on my asus,social media etc

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118733#Comment_118733

There's an 7 day replacement policy on Flipkart but I think you're way past that now

Maybe tell them you some issue and need a replacement see what they say

View post
Then whatever you are talking about here doesn't mean anything.
There is no replacement policy by Asus for customers facing the black crush issue.
While OnePlus have one.
Stop spreading misinformation. Some might think you are lying too.
screenshot-20200927-175545441.jpg
Can I get a replacement or not ?
Let me guess, you don't know. You are just trying to defend a point no matter what.
Lot of high refresh rate phones from all brands are facing the issue.. you are right there.
But also, all those brands are providing a solution for them. And I don't see any solution from asus. Black crush is not a screen feature that I wanted.
There is a fault with the display and we are been told that it's normal.
It's not new normal. This is serving a bad food at a restaurant and waiter telling you to eat it. It will be cooked inside your stomach.

mandaldipayan15
Star III
Averan

Remind me again which 10k phone has 144hz OLED with 270hz sampling rate and 1ms touch latency 👀

View post
Well replied!

sanjaylohare99
Star II
As you all discussing an important issue but no one has replyed yet from asus,it doesn't seems me even they have intentions to solve the query.Only they are making hype of their products but their customer servicing never has been upto the mark.At least they have to set certain time limit for resolving the problems and if they're unable to do so they should provide us replacement or refund.