This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad display

GameOjas
Rising Star I
First time buying a Asus phone with brand name ROG which screams power and quality. True to gamers
Had no high expectations from this device but I took it guaranteed that we will have a good display not amazing but usable. Even phone which cost 10k has better display. To top off all this with no proper response from the brand. It is unacceptable service.
If Asus Don't want to do something about this. Then we should. We should let other people know that they should save their money and buy something else.

Everyone who is facing black crush issue should post #rogphone3baddisplay on twitter.

28 REPLIES 28

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118724#Comment_118724

Yes so? You can replace rog too only in some isolated cases replacement application gets rejected

Many here on this forum too has replaced units

And that's a OnePlus support guy he doesn't have the exact information, a moderators word is way more legible as he has direct connection to developers and the company so his words will have more value than a support representative like the ones on my asus,social media etc

View post
How can I get a replacement ?

MV
Rising Star II
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118699#Comment_118699

And about the technology not ready part ,It's just about who will release the fastest high hz display now between OEMs

And people actually buy because of this marketing so if it works why not do that lol

Many people don't even care about black crush like some can't notice it and some don't care as it doesn't interfere with their normal usage (many of such people aren't here on zentalk)

90hz is the safest bet with least black crush and tint as of now beyond that needs good calibration which is rare with OEMs

View post
Next time order something specially half cooked meal from swiggy or Zomato and don't think about returning it, because you already know what's in it. And you trust in chefs doing their fine culinary work and thats how it supposed to be.
Your logic and explanation is the same. ILLOGICAL. Why don't mods post a detailed article instead if thats a serious issue, its clearly not for them. Just 1 liners we are working, 2 technical jargons isn't gonna help it.

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118732#Comment_118732

How can I get a replacement ?

View post
There's an 7 day replacement policy on Flipkart but I think you're way past that now
Maybe tell them you some issue and need a replacement see what they say

Sunaina
Rising Star I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118710#Comment_118710

Next time order something specially half cooked meal from swiggy or Zomato and don't think about returning it, because you already know what's in it. And you trust in chefs doing their fine culinary work and thats how it supposed to be.

Your logic and explanation is the same. ILLOGICAL. Why don't mods post a detailed article instead if thats a serious issue, its clearly not for them. Just 1 liners we are working, 2 technical jargons isn't gonna help it.

View post
What detailed explanation do you want 🤔
An apology? No OEM would do that tbh
They would prefer saying we are working on it then we messed up with the calibration and the fact that it's pretty widespread with high refresh rate OLEDs is another reason to not say anything
Atleast they're working to recalibrate the display that's all I need to hear and as of the current firmware it's manageable for most of us
Future refinements are welcome tho 🤞
*It's my personal preference

MV
Rising Star II
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118736#Comment_118736

What detailed explanation do you want 🤔

An apology? No OEM would do that tbh

They would prefer saying we are working on it then we messed up with the calibration and the fact that it's pretty widespread with high refresh rate OLEDs is another reason to not say anything

Atleast they're working to recalibrate the display that's all I need to hear and as of the current firmware it's manageable for most of us

Future refinements are welcome tho 🤞

*It's my personal preference

View post
Did I write "apology"? You are too good in making words but you can keep it to yourself in this case. Clearly you don't know how much image processing goes into making a display to make it look like it is. Can you share some of your knowledge on how black crush occurs and why is it visible only in low brightness and dark areas and not pitch black. Why a tint is required to compensate that? Are these not things you wish to know or you know more than enough already and fine with "working on it statement".
I know a shitty display/digitizer can only be caliberated not rectified of issues with just software. So 1 thing for sure black crush will stay whatever updates comes.