Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 weird brightness bug

skailash2001
Rising Star I

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47
Rooted or not: Not rooted
This is issue is similar to the auto brightness issue.
If I set the brightness to minimum and lock the screen, the brightness increase by a small amount ok pressing power button.
And THEN if I lock it again and wait for 3- 4 seconds and if I press power button again the brightness is very low ( lower than normally possible to reach with the brightness bar ) and there is a red tint.
And if move the brightness further lower the screen nearly turns off ( this actually feels like the minimum brightness of the phone ).
ASUS Mods, @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Please address this.
THANK YOU.
15 REPLIES 15

as19103
Rising Star I
@skailash2001 @Gustav_ASUS I also have exactly same issue.

s_muley_333
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@skailash2001 Thanks for your detailed response. I have forwarded your videos to our devs.

View post
Please look into this issue of screen white hue on screen....it's plaguing every rogphone3 in my group.
It's very bad to watch Netflix , Amazon prime or even Youtube a sthe contrast dips and brightness increases.
Service center says we can't do anything about it and they are sorry....I paid 50 grand for this phone and they say sorry.
I have attached screenshot of phone as it's not possible to show on video due to refresh rate toggle disables on screen recorde.
Compared it to samsung S9+ on same youtube HDR video.
img-20200921-wa0053.jpg
img-20200921-wa0051.jpg
img-20200921-wa0052.jpg
img20200927153538.jpg
img20200927153512.jpg
There is no contrast available as blacks look like grey. And over all the image has a haze on top.
I hope my problems will be heard.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
s.muley.333

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107946#Comment_107946

Please look into this issue of screen white hue on screen....it's plaguing every rogphone3 in my group.

It's very bad to watch Netflix , Amazon prime or even Youtube a sthe contrast dips and brightness increases.

Service center says we can't do anything about it and they are sorry....I paid 50 grand for this phone and they say sorry.

I have attached screenshot of phone as it's not possible to show on video due to refresh rate toggle disables on screen recorde.

Compared it to samsung S9+ on same youtube HDR video.

img-20200921-wa0053.jpg

img-20200921-wa0051.jpg

img-20200921-wa0052.jpg

img20200927153538.jpg

img20200927153512.jpg

There is no contrast available as blacks look like grey. And over all the image has a haze on top.

I hope my problems will be heard.

View post
This is googles doing. Watch some content in firefox with true blacks.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Another weird brightness bug.
1. If I come back to home screen after watching YouTube videos, the brightness seems to increase by a fair amount.
2. Also the brightness increases automatically while watching videos. Especially in the Google News app, while scrolling if there is a video autoplaying, the brightness seems to increase.
@Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS please look into this.
THANK YOU.

skailash2001

Glad I could help myself and others. Also Thank You for quickly responding and escalating the issue.

View post
Update is out do it and it's solved