This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad display

GameOjas
Rising Star I
First time buying a Asus phone with brand name ROG which screams power and quality. True to gamers
Had no high expectations from this device but I took it guaranteed that we will have a good display not amazing but usable. Even phone which cost 10k has better display. To top off all this with no proper response from the brand. It is unacceptable service.
If Asus Don't want to do something about this. Then we should. We should let other people know that they should save their money and buy something else.

Everyone who is facing black crush issue should post #rogphone3baddisplay on twitter.

28 REPLIES 28

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118679#Comment_118679

I don't know how time I have debunked this fake news. That OnePlus did nothing.

screenshot-20200925-000659274.jpg

I will do it again. Asus should stop making fake news and work on solution.

If you google " ROG phone 3 black crush". this is the result we get.

screenshot-20200927-140423748.jpg

Now if the issue is resolved...

Maybe it's just my phone has a faulty display. And you have no issue at all.

View post
If a OEM issues a fota with "black crush" and "tint" fix it gets published by all major tech outlets
And first of all digit as a source is crap
They publish stuff/replies from OnePlus PR/support guys,that way if you contact Asus directly they'll say the same thing that is either replace or refund and these sites just publish it as "official"
I will tell you how the process happens as I personally know a few guys with OnePlus 8/pro who replaced their units
If you request an replacement amazon sends a technician to check the display if he authorises the process then you'll get an replacement or if he doesn't and say it's "normal" then idk but if you face the issue with the second replacement too then you're liable for refund
The process is same with Asus and Flipkart but I'll agree that the Amazon process is a bit faster and in general amazon is better
So please don't post that outdated may month article and in general digit isn't reliable with such info
I have confirmed with many OnePlus buyers about the same on telegram and reddit btw

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118681#Comment_118681

If the technology isn't there for high refresh rate why did Asus take our money and why we have to pay 50k to beta test there product for them.

We must be living in upside-down world now.

I think most AMOLED screens used in phones are made by Samsung... And making AMOLED screens is same as making cookies in a way...

Sometimes some are overcook and other come out perfectly in a same tray... That's why most companies who buy screens test them before they put them in a final product.

All companies get issues with their products and it is normal. We understand it. But the lack of official statement and no sight for any kind of solution is a problem here.

We need a solution.

View post
And about the technology not ready part ,It's just about who will release the fastest high hz display now between OEMs
And people actually buy because of this marketing so if it works why not do that lol
Many people don't even care about black crush like some can't notice it and some don't care as it doesn't interfere with their normal usage (many of such people aren't here on zentalk)
90hz is the safest bet with least black crush and tint as of now beyond that needs good calibration which is rare with OEMs

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Sunaina

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118699#Comment_118699

A mods answer is official statement and mods said they're working on it,if a tech site publishes that statement is that official for you smh?

Mods have said it multiple times that they're working on it and in latest update it can be seen (black crush at low brightness is better than before)

And 50k or 100k no phones are without issues,and in this case all high hz phones suffer from it

I've personally seen OnePlus 8/pro,Nubia red magic 3,op 7pro,7t,realme X2 pro and other 90/120hz phones which have black crush and tint

View post
screenshot-20200927-154653094.jpg
My cousin and one of my friend also bought this phone right when it went on sale in india. And they both got there phones replace by OnePlus in July.

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118705#Comment_118705

My cousin and one of my friend also bought this phone right when it went on sale in india. And they both got there phones replace by OnePlus in July.

View post
Yes so? You can replace rog too only in some isolated cases replacement application gets rejected
Many here on this forum too has replaced units
And that's a OnePlus support guy he doesn't have the exact information, a moderators word is way more legible as he has direct connection to developers and the company so his words will have more value than a support representative like the ones on my asus,social media etc

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118705#Comment_118705

View post
Yes so? You can replace rog too only in some isolated cases replacement application gets rejected
Many here on this forum too has replaced units
And that's a OnePlus support guy he doesn't have the exact information, a moderators word is way more legible as he has direct connection to developers and the company so his words will have more value than a support representative like the ones on my asus,social media etc