This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad display

GameOjas
Rising Star I
First time buying a Asus phone with brand name ROG which screams power and quality. True to gamers
Had no high expectations from this device but I took it guaranteed that we will have a good display not amazing but usable. Even phone which cost 10k has better display. To top off all this with no proper response from the brand. It is unacceptable service.
If Asus Don't want to do something about this. Then we should. We should let other people know that they should save their money and buy something else.

Everyone who is facing black crush issue should post #rogphone3baddisplay on twitter.

28 REPLIES 28

Sunaina
Rising Star I
Unless there's technology improvement high hz panels are going to have issues
Why do you think apple won't use high hz panels on iphones,they know the technology isn't error proof yet
Samsung panels/samsung made panels have issues too
Black crush,tint, display color uniformity,artifacts,black bar around punch hole in some phones, display retention, burn in are some of the OLED issue sright now

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Sunaina

I'd say all 2020 OLED panel has issues (high hz panels)

I was just seeing a guy rant about his display on OnePlus 8 pro telegram group yesterday lol

It's the same there as it's here

There people are quoting that Asus is trying to atleast calibrate but op did nothing 🙅

The grass always looks greener on the other side 😂

Btw 8pro doesn't have 90hz refresh rate mode (it's just 60 and 120) they're crying for a 90hz mode too now 😝

View post
I don't know how time I have debunked this fake news. That OnePlus did nothing.
screenshot-20200925-000659274.jpg
I will do it again. Asus should stop making fake news and work on solution.
If you google " ROG phone 3 black crush". this is the result we get.
screenshot-20200927-140423748.jpg
Now if the issue is resolved...
Maybe it's just my phone has a faulty display. And you have no issue at all.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
Sunaina

Unless there's technology improvement high hz panels are going to have issues

Why do you think apple won't use high hz panels on iphones,they know the technology isn't error proof yet

Samsung panels/samsung made panels have issues too

Black crush,tint, display color uniformity,artifacts,black bar around punch hole in some phones, display retention, burn in are some of the OLED issue sright now

View post
If the technology isn't there for high refresh rate why did Asus take our money and why we have to pay 50k to beta test there product for them.
We must be living in upside-down world now.
I think most AMOLED screens used in phones are made by Samsung... And making AMOLED screens is same as making cookies in a way...
Sometimes some are overcook and other come out perfectly in a same tray... That's why most companies who buy screens test them before they put them in a final product.
All companies get issues with their products and it is normal. We understand it. But the lack of official statement and no sight for any kind of solution is a problem here.
We need a solution.

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118679#Comment_118679

I don't know how time I have debunked this fake news. That OnePlus did nothing.

screenshot-20200925-000659274.jpg

I will do it again. Asus should stop making fake news and work on solution.

If you google " ROG phone 3 black crush". this is the result we get.

screenshot-20200927-140423748.jpg

Now if the issue is resolved...

Maybe it's just my phone has a faulty display. And you have no issue at all.

View post
Yes whenever a OEM releases a fota with "black crush" or "tint" fix it's published by all major tech outlets
And how many times are you going to post that digit source lol (first of all digit is crap) and that's just one of the responses of OnePlus PR guy if you contact Asus support directly they'll say the same thing replace or refund but on ground reality is different
I have seen 8pro's irl so I can say how much crappy the display is
According to amazon policy if you request for a display replacement a technician will visit and check the display in most cases he will issue an replacement or in some cases not deem it as an display issue and "normal" if then again the 2nd replacement has issues then you can go for refund
It's the same for Asus and Flipkart but I'd say that amazon process is a bit faster
And don't post that article without context multiple times as I know 2-3 guys who replaced that 8/pro and saw the whole process of replacement/refund

Sunaina
Rising Star I
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118681#Comment_118681

If the technology isn't there for high refresh rate why did Asus take our money and why we have to pay 50k to beta test there product for them.

We must be living in upside-down world now.

I think most AMOLED screens used in phones are made by Samsung... And making AMOLED screens is same as making cookies in a way...

Sometimes some are overcook and other come out perfectly in a same tray... That's why most companies who buy screens test them before they put them in a final product.

All companies get issues with their products and it is normal. We understand it. But the lack of official statement and no sight for any kind of solution is a problem here.

We need a solution.

View post
A mods answer is official statement and mods said they're working on it,if a tech site publishes that statement is that official for you smh?
Mods have said it multiple times that they're working on it and in latest update it can be seen (black crush at low brightness is better than before)
And 50k or 100k no phones are without issues,and in this case all high hz phones suffer from it
I've personally seen OnePlus 8/pro,Nubia red magic 3,op 7pro,7t,realme X2 pro and other 90/120hz phones which have black crush and tint