This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW-17.0240.2009.47 update more faster and network stability fixed.

Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2009.47
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Every Update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
I have been updating from A9 and all A10 updates and i have faced no issue at all. All buttery smooth displays, no battery drains, no lags.... NO NEED TO FACTORY RESET.
Before upgrading to newer versions i am doing below procedures.
Logout your Google Account
Clear Cache from Mobile Manager
Reset Network Settings (Sim1 and Sim2)
Clear Cache and Data of Google Playstore
Clear Cache and Data Google Play Services
Clear Cache and Data Google App
Clear Cache and Data Facebook and Messenger App
Reset the Phone and update.
Let me know if these will solve your issues.

3 REPLIES 3

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
In the first paragraph you said "No Need To Factory Reset" but the 8th point says Reset the Phone?
Btw it's only recommended to soft reset after major Android upgrade when you face issues that others aren't facing.
Its very hard to Reset for every update. Its not like everyone has time to go through all this. Its the responsibility of Devs to test out for smooth upgrade. Tests should be done in ideal user scenarios where phones loaded with apps and data.

Vableme
Rising Star II
kchinnavigneshraja

In the first paragraph you said "No Need To Factory Reset" but the 8th point says Reset the Phone?

Btw it's only recommended to soft reset after major Android upgrade when you face issues that others aren't facing.

Its very hard to Reset for every update. Its not like everyone has time to go through all this. Its the responsibility of Devs to test out for smooth upgrade. Tests should be done in ideal user scenarios where phones loaded with apps and data.

View post
I think he meant restart?

CatCanister
Star II
raikou837

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118659#Comment_118659

I think he meant restart?

View post
Yes I too think he meant restart.
But still resetting all Google accounts, app data and other stuff for every update isn't ideal. Hope we could just update without all this.