jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

Melqui
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118286#Comment_118286

What do you mean?

View post
"System updated" when search updates (with 2007.27) and zip removed from site.

gps5441
Star III
screenshot-20200926-105548880.jpg
23% battery consumption? WT...?

niezarm
Star II
After update iam facing same problem overheating and battery drain due to high CPU.
After several time finding to temporary fix the problem while waiting next update,
I try to disable google play store and restart the phone...it seems like CPU back to normal.
After doing some experimental i found that CPU will high and started heat and drain the battery after installing/updating apps.
So for the temporary iam using this method each time after update/installing apps
Install/update apps>disable play store>restart phone.
Iam keep searching if i found any method to resolve the problem. My ROG 2 under monitoring

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
About this issue, I'm happy that devs identified the cause and confirmed a patch in coming week but the question is, Won't they do basic testing before deploying a update? Because this high temp and high CPU usage couldn't have gone through unnoticed if they tested it.

kaiiori54
Star I
jasonwch

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)

1. CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
  2. Temperature goes high
  3. Battery drain quickly
  4. "Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page

What I observed:

1. From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware

What I've tried to fix:

1. Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time

There may be something wrong on this?

High temperature / CPU usage / battery drain on 2009.47
Battery and cpu with temperature control for your device asus rog phone 2