cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Calling Screen [Annoy Screen]

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
This app is has more bugs than features. Bugs:
- Heads-up notification doesn't work(even if I enable it)
- Calling screen won't let me to go back to any other app while the phone is ringing.
- Display turns on automatically while on call even if I press power button to turn it off (option to turn off the proximity sensor doesn't work). To make it worse, the proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center.
58 REPLIES 58

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Our software developers have decided that they want it to act like this.
If it was up to me, then I would want it to work exactly like you want it with pop up notification during calls and everything but we're both power users and our developers thinks it's more important that novice users doesn't accidentally press something that will make the call go away. They won't know that they will find the call in the notification drop down if they press the home button. And they might get confused if they accidentally press the power button and can't see the screen.
I know what you're thinking and I agree but some people are useless and we need to make a phone that works for everyone. 

Moosa
Star III
I have same problem
1- can not reject call with sms
2- can not back to other app
3- can not open notification bar
only can accept or reject call or waiting for end of the alarm

Moosa
Star III
I don't have this problem on Huawei mate 10 with Android 9

sixth_pr1m3
Rising Star II
 @Anders_ASUS thank you for explaining what developers are trying to do. Except Asus, every other smartphone brand is keeping the call screen behavior similar. Almost everyone buying this phone would have at least owned an Android phone in the past. And one basic thing everyone does if the screen doesn't turn on is to press the power button.
I have tried using a 3rd-party(Modified Google phone app) calling screen, but it behaves the same way as the stock calling screen. It's like I can't even use a 3rd party software to satisfy my needs because Asus wants to focus on novice customers!!
The proximity sensor on this phone is not in the center and which makes it more difficult.
I will be more than happy if developers could at least add one option to completely disable the proximity sensor under this settings:

u1vke27kjykw.jpg

Giorgio80
Star III
Our software developers have decided that they want it to act like this.
If it was up to me, then I would want it to work exactly like you want it with pop up notification during calls and everything but we're both power users and our developers thinks it's more important that novice users doesn't accidentally press something that will make the call go away. They won't know that they will find the call in the notification drop down if they press the home button. And they might get confused if they accidentally press the power button and can't see the screen.
I know what you're thinking and I agree but some people are useless and we need to make a phone that works for everyone. 
 It would be enough if you can add the option to manage it, instead of imposing it to all users.