jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a tricky one also. I have contacted support in the hopes of a fix or some form of resolution because I cant use my phone really, its constantly hot and causing it to restart or the battery only lasts 4 hours if fully charged.

Support are telling me to do a full factory wipe/reset which I think is so stupid. It's not going to fix the issue at all.

Andrea
Star III
nationkid

This is a tricky one also. I have contacted support in the hopes of a fix or some form of resolution because I cant use my phone really, its constantly hot and causing it to restart or the battery only lasts 4 hours if fully charged.

Support are telling me to do a full factory wipe/reset which I think is so stupid. It's not going to fix the issue at all.

View post
Well, actually the reset is probably going to solve the issue since you will lose the latest update (I think) and you will get an older Android 10 version, probably the first one released. After that, you will need to avoid the updates.

nationkid
Rising Star II
Andrea

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118028#Comment_118028

Well, actually the reset is probably going to solve the issue since you will lose the latest update (I think) and you will get an older Android 10 version, probably the first one released. After that, you will need to avoid the updates.

View post
Sadly it has not resolved it, its just removed all my user settings and apps and start a new but on this bugged firmware.

Edit) This is via hard reset from instructions by support.

gsanchez
Rising Star II
In my case, when I update my apps I clear storage and cache from Google Play Services and Armory Crate and reboot my device. Everything backs to normal using this (annoying) ritual...

Let's hope Asus devs doesn't take much time to fix this issue. It's really unacceptable this kind of basic bug...

nationkid
Rising Star II
I've just been told by Support to RMA the device... like dam...