This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117302#Comment_117302

We know ROG 1 and 2 don't have the best hardware for getting rid of the heat (as seen on Jerry Rig). The overheating is probably one of your major drivers for hardware failure i.e. rebooting/shutdowns. This can be caused by defective hardware or software. But the point I was trying to make earlier on is that not everyone is getting the shutdown issue therefore, software for ROG 2 is highly unlikely the cause (except for those who didn't upgrade or have Tencent models with WW ROMs).

People first time buying a gaming phone will not feel it's like a gaming phone because of the issues. That's fair enough. Same goes with everything really, bad experience first time round, you won't get it again. That's just human behaviour.

ROG 3 came out and even though I don't have this device, it should manage the heat alot better than it's precessors because of the better cooling environment in the phone. Samsung and OnePlus doesn't have their processors overclocked like the ROG does (and it claims). That's why when you overclock PC, you need to make sure it's right otherwise you will face problems later with heating and thus restarting/shutdowns.

View post
You have a point but the thing is.. I think it is all about how the system "well tuned/optimized" to manage the hardware also given the specs that it has. How it automatically handle cores even with low cpu usage or idle or normal usage of the phone. When it should really use the overclock cores at it's finest. Remember there is an X mode to bump up the cores so that it will not use the full extent of the cores. but even without xmode turned on you'll experience heating that should be unlikely given there is no process that needs high cpu usage. I don't experience shutdown issues yet and i have a tencent variant but seeing this numerous post even the strix has it made me a choice to just use it without games for now and it is pandemic and i build a gaming pc over playing with my phone that has a tendency to have an issues mentioned. Or maybe at the end of the day it is just a bad hardware architecture or subpar hardware on the inside for a gaming phone?

Not applicable
Osmak

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116240#Comment_116240

Can I know what issues you are having because phone is just working fine..I think you are one of those guys who starts whining when flashlight doens't turn on ..... Tell me ur issues....u r just a liar and talking nonsense...rog 2 is working very nicely....stop complaining...

View post
Who are you to tell me to stop complaining? Stop trying to cause a beef, if you want beef then give me your discord or insta and we can talk there. I spent money on this phone and i can complaint all i want. It works great for you doesnt mean its all good for everyone else so get your head outta that strawberry fairyland and come back to reality.