[ZS620KL] Touch panel issue.

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS620KL.
Firmware Version: Latest (.99).
Rooted or not: Non-rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Everywhere.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, moderators!
I bought a ZenFone 5Z to play a few games that are heavier than my previous smartphone could run.
I'm satisfied with the graphic performance and even the audio is enough to make the game fun.
But the touch panel is not congruent with the overall performance of the device.
In shooting games (more noticeable in those in first-person, although also present in those in third-person) the aim simply does not follow the given command as it should.
There is a delay in response, where the finger goes and only after almost 1 second the aim follows (which seems little, but makes a huge difference in this kind of game).
Besides the problems when trying to make fine adjustments when aiming.
One of them happens when you lean your finger on the screen and try to move the aim slowly. The aim only starts to move after the finger has moved a little, as if there was a dead zone before the response when the finger slides.
The other problem occurs when sliding the finger, also slowly, the screen flickers, as if the response of that finger pulses between each area touched during the slide.
By the way, all these things are not only felt in games, but in the system and also in test applications it is possible to reproduce.
Could you check these issues?
37 REPLIES 37

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Hello, @Christine_ASUS.
First of all, just to clarify, I wasn't criticizing your work. I just tried to say that what I was prepared to offer to the ASUS technical support team is less than what you have already received from the users in the previous threads.
Because, about the videos, I don't have another device to record my 5Z.
Regarding the logs, I would like to know more about the application you shared with me via private message. Because I work with sensitive data and I can't take any risks.
By the way, I believe in your potential, you can use your imagination anytime you want! 😉
use-your-imagination-just-do-it-21.png

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Hi @Christine_ASUS,
I had provided a COD mobile gameplay video in the other thread
subhojit.dey

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/FM6SQ7MC7EQ4/z01rd-20200905-184024-1.mp4

Hi @Anders_ASUS please find the gameplay video. Its jittery and one action requires multiple taps sometimes. The graphics is set to medium with medium frame rate. Thanks!

View post
Could not collect logs though. Let me know if that helps!
Thanks!
@Alice Renaut @amitgarde3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Alice Renaut
Thank you for your assistance.
1. The video from another device: The video is an essential information of the logging process, especially the issue related to touch/screen, it can help the tech team to recognize the issue timing from the screen (video) and the back stage data (logs).
2. The logs will only use for internal search in HQ.
If you still able to help, please provide me the logs and the video via PM to avoid any personal information leaking.

Hi subhojit.dey
Thank you for your reply. Please check your inbox for the guide of collecting the logs and reply me via PM to avoid any personal information leaking. 🙂

Alice_Renaut
Star III
Christine_ASUS

Hi Alice Renaut

Thank you for your assistance.

1. The video from another device: The video is an essential information of the logging process, especially the issue related to touch/screen, it can help the tech team to recognize the issue timing from the screen (video) and the back stage data (logs).

2. The logs will only use for internal search in HQ.

If you still able to help, please provide me the logs and the video via PM to avoid any personal information leaking.

Hi subhojit.dey

Thank you for your reply. Please check your inbox for the guide of collecting the logs and reply me via PM to avoid any personal information leaking. 🙂

View post
I will then wait for someone who can lend me a device capable of recording my screen externally. As soon as possible, I will send you everything!

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
Multi-touch/touch screen Not fixed
Firmware..99/ zenfone 5z
Unstable touchscreen persists in this version as with any firmware.
I request an update for many times in this forum.
@Christine_ASUS