This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANDROID 10 TO 9 DOWNGRADE

Not applicable
To those willing to downgrade from android 10 to 9 because you are just tired of asus playing jokes on us, you are at the right post!
so to downgrade from current buggy android 10, you must backup your data because if you downgrade all your data will be lost, so be aware of this.
now that you have backed up your data, you must go to this link
For Global users (WW):
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS660KL/UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-18.0631.2001.64-1.1.92-user.z...
For China/Tencent ROM users (CN):
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS660KL/UL-ASUS_I001_1-CN-18.0631.1910.63-1.1.252-user.zi...

After downloading the zip, you must move your zipfile to the root of your storage device which means it should not be inside any folder. After that just restart your device and after restart it will detect update. click on the notification and it will start this update, after update click reboot and let it finish the update, it will take sometime to boot up on logo since you just downloaded new firmware. After this you device will be on android 9 and you will need to setup your device again.

Hopefully this helped!
41 REPLIES 41

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117591#Comment_117591

Yes, shut down problem is solved for me after downgrade. I can now use dual 4g without and shut downs. My phone is been up for 12 hours now without issues!

View post
Keep me updated with the bugs u r facing in that version so that i can go back to other versions of a9 (probably the .33 or . 44 bcuz these two didn't gave me any problems at all)

Not applicable
Swaraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117677#Comment_117677

Keep me updated with the bugs u r facing in that version so that i can go back to other versions of a9 (probably the .33 or . 44 bcuz these two didn't gave me any problems at all)

View post
So far better than A10, no issues yet except that i have habit of A10 features so A9 is missing features like auto download apps from account, security patches and power buttob customization. Except all those A9 is working great and battery back to normal 4%/h which is better than 3%/10 min

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117683#Comment_117683

So far better than A10, no issues yet except that i have habit of A10 features so A9 is missing features like auto download apps from account, security patches and power buttob customization. Except all those A9 is working great and battery back to normal 4%/h which is better than 3%/10 min

View post
What about the screen recording issue n the recent app issue? Try keeping multiple apps in background n hit recent button n then try selecting "clear all" option n check again if everything is cleared or not. Thats not much of a frustrating bug tho bcuz u can close each app one by one by selecting cross on each tab if clear all doesn't work but what m bothered about is screen recording issue i.e it doesn't record audio for me when i was on .64
But still wanna know as much as i can so that I'll downgrade it to ur version
Lemme know after 3 to 5 days of ur usage bcuz i dont want the trouble of upgrading n downgrading firmware as it takes so long to setup phone as u want it.

Not applicable
Screen recorder still has delay in sound but significantly less than A10. Recent app bug is not there but when you open recent apps while being in the app, the app you are in won't be showing in recent tab until you go to homescreen. It's not a bug but thats how it is built. I just checked, when i press clear all, all my apps from my recent tabs were gone. Inbuilt recorder is working fine but the 3rd party recorders does not have the record phone audio option, it can only record audio from you mic which is a negative point. Everything else is fine. Also i want to mention that you'll only have to setup phone only when you downgrade the device because in downgrading all you data is lost. When you update, you'll still have all your data and you will not need to setup the device again.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

Screen recorder still has delay in sound but significantly less than A10. Recent app bug is not there but when you open recent apps while being in the app, the app you are in won't be showing in recent tab until you go to homescreen. It's not a bug but thats how it is built. I just checked, when i press clear all, all my apps from my recent tabs were gone. Inbuilt recorder is working fine but the 3rd party recorders does not have the record phone audio option, it can only record audio from you mic which is a negative point. Everything else is fine. Also i want to mention that you'll only have to setup phone only when you downgrade the device because in downgrading all you data is lost. When you update, you'll still have all your data and you will not need to setup the device again.

View post
Okay thanks, but by doing so will it remove my serial number from getting fota updates?