This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 15.6" don´t send signal to external monitor anymore

ZT-392c5afa
Star I
System: Windows 10 PRO
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 
Frequency of occurrence: Permanent no signal to external monitor
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have been using my Asus Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 15.6" for some few months. I´m connecting my Asus to an external monitor with a HTML cable. Today the notebook stop sending a signal to the external monitor.
Normally the HTMI cable work with using the HTML connector and also with a hub for USB-C.
I have updated to the latest driver. Cable changed and monitor changed as a test and it´s the notebook, who don´t send a signal to the monitor.
Please try help me with another advice than just send the device to service center. The notebook have been functioning with both connectors (HTML and USB-C).
I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards and thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi John,
I would recommend you to send your device to service center for further examination.
It's really strange and not about the warranty thing you said....
if it's our official service center, it of course accept device with global warranty and local warranty in your region.
Unless your device is having local warranty in another region, do you want me to check for you?
Please refer to below link to find the official service center.
If it's really too far away from you, you may also email or call local team to arrange to send it in.

Encontre uma assistência técnica ASUS - Brazil | Suporte Oficial | ASUS Brasil
Thank you.

ZT-392c5afa
Star I
Hi Blake.
Thank you very much. We will contact the service center you send to me and see what they can help me with.
For your information. When I enable Screenpad Plus and use the projicer button and select a sescond monitor, the Screenpad Plus receive the monitor signal even the HDMI cable for the external monitor is in the notebook. There is no signal to the external monitor (with Screenpad Plus enabled and disabled). Maybe it´s a hardware problem, but I think it can be a software problem to.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you very much

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello John,
Sorry I'm bit confused.
So you connected an external monitor with HDMI port, and then the sceenpad plus is also on.
Then which Project mode did you choose? "Duplicate" , "Extend" or "Second Screen only"?
Was the external monitor correctly detected by the laptop?
May you check in Settings> System> Display and take a screenshot of the monitor setting?
Thank you.

ZT-392c5afa
Star I
Dear ASUS Support.
We have contacted all the official service center in Brazil from your link above and one is only working with cell phones and the others don´t work with notebooks under warranty (my warranty is to 2021/11/14) I attach a screenshot of the MyAsus warranty page.
Earlier contact with ASUS Brasil was also very negative, since they don´t accept to receive or return notebooks with any postal services and they don´t have spareparts in stock. They know the problem with "no signal to external monitor" and think it´s the main board.
It´s a big contrast to DELL, which make the service on the buyers location.
In attach a screenshot of the Settings> System> Display. When I try to register a monitor - it don´t register. I have tried to registre an external monitor with and without Screenpad Plus enabled. Non of the "Duplicate" , "Extend" or "Second Screen only" is working.
Beside that the notebook can´t send signal to extern monitor, there are defects when using the notebooks monitor. In Adobe Premiere Pro (latest version) the monitor flash when editing videos. I will try to attach a video.
Also Adobe Premiere Pro close many times with different errors. When I edit the same videos on a Dell desktop computer with slower CPU, GPU and less memory there is no problem.
I would like to ask how ASUS will resolve the problems? If there is no solution on how to get the notebook repaired or changed, I will need to ask for a return of my investment.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello John,
Do you have a Case ID that you communicate with our Brazil local team?
I will check on that for you.
Also, please go to Setting>Apps & Feature>Intel Graphic Control Panel>Uninstall
then install below this one
Get Intel® Graphics Command Center - Microsoft Store
after installation, go into this App>System>Power>On battery>Turn off Panel Self Refresh.
Thank you so much.