This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

Nyaroon
Star II
Is there a way to get FOTA updates? Ask to support?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Nyaroon

Is there a way to get FOTA updates? Ask to support?

View post
No, if there's nothing specific about your device - you didnt buy it from dubious sources - it isnt a converted CN device to WW ROM by dubious resellers - and it is not unlocked - then generally you just wait and FOTA will come eventually. Always staggered roll out.

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Now I charged to 80%, limit set to 80%, now seems like bypass works now to not use battery and stay at 80%!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
hank_email_is

Now I charged to 80%, limit set to 80%, now seems like bypass works now to not use battery and stay at 80%!

View post
There seems to be instance where Bypass charging when enabled, has a chance to run into a timing error with the IC.
Resulting in bypass charging didnt work. Disable and re-enable would solve it. We've passed this back to our devs for study and future fix.

fongyuen
Star II
I tried it for the second time last night and it was working. The first time I tried it two nights ago it didn't work, battery still charged while playing, but perhaps after a reset or something, it was working fine last night, locked in at 87% throughout the whole gaming session.