jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
I haven't updated to 2009.47,yet but there is an update notification for me in the settings, do you guys want me to update or not,any suggestions

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
Melqui

FpsCentralContr is a service part of Armory Crate?

View post
Nope its part of HardwareStub (com.asus.hardwarestub)
I've shared some more detail on the 4th page you can check it out. 🙂

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
anjubunny123

I haven't updated to 2009.47,yet but there is an update notification for me in the settings, do you guys want me to update or not,any suggestions

View post
I suggest you wait till the next one with a fix

jasonwch
Rising Star II
shreyashshah16

Some latest fundings:

App installations are causing FpsCentralContr (FpsCentralControl service) to kick up CPU usage to 95%, and it stays there, doesn't come down. Even after screen is off it stays there, eating 95% cpu time.

Remember, even manual apk installation from file manager is triggering this behaviour, so not completely dependent on Google Play Services, IMO at least.

Due to this, cpu is kept clocking at 2.96 continuously, which intimately reduces battery life and causes device heating.

And these high temps in turn result in slower charging speed even on 30w charger.

Ps: following observations were made using ADB tool and armoury crate for temp reading, device was not rooted, and @FiREPLAY guided key stuff.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS
nice catch, I can confirm that installing a standalone APK also make CPU spike at 2.96Ghz. So it's not totally Google play store issue.
Mods, may need Devs to switch a bit the focus

But again, if I turn On FOTAService, then kill the process, CPU goes down again

Melqui
Zen Master I
Please quick fix this