waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3 256GB
Firmware Version: 17.0823.200732
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I compared my rog 3 to my rog 2 with same usage as follows: 60Hz, Wifi, brightness extremely low (5%), no apps running apart from YouTube. Bluetooth, GPS, Xmode, Sync etc all switched OFF. The Rog 3 reaches 36degress celcius with these low settings and just YouTube playing!!! How is this possible??
Same usage with rog 2, the Rog 2 does NOT go above 25 degrees celcius (BIG DIFFERENCE). However I noticed that with Rog 2, there's only a heating up issue with Android 10, so I've downgraded to Android 9 and it's perfect. Unfortunately downgrade isn't possible with Rog 3 as it released with Android 10.
I can't imagine how hot the Rog 3 will get with 90hz 120hz or 144hz with full brightness!! Will probably damage the phone completely. This isn't right !
Also the random screen freeze on rog 3 is annoying, it freezes for about 5 seconds or slightly more when opening recent apps.
The heating issue is by far the most concerning, I mean 36degrees celcius with just YouTube playing on lowest refresh rate (60hz) and 5% brightness, imagine increasing brightness and refresh rate 🤦🤦

Rog 2 on Android 9 is the perfect phone.
Please developers, fix this. I paid good money for my rog 3 and to be honest it's a fantastic phone let down by these issues. If you can fix these issues then rog 3 will hands down be the ultimate phone. Perhaps you rushed the release without perfecting the phone. A phone should not launch with such serious issues.
I look forward to hearing from you, thanks alot 🙏

19 REPLIES 19

tayyab24
Star I
i am facing the same heating issue. My phone's idle temperature is "
System temp: 30 degree C
GPU: 670MHz ; Temp: 39 degree C
CPU: 2.07GHz ; Temp: 37 degree C
SW Ver: WW_17.0823.2007.47
All the measurements are done on idle mode... And phone was not used for 2hrs before taking this reading
Other Technical observations:
1- It is only supporting 2CA (Carrier aggregation) on LTE while my mobile carrier supports 3CA LTE.... My Samsung S9 shows 3CA. As per specs, this phone was supposed to support 7CA LTE
2- VoLTE is by default disabled and it cannot be enabled from Engineering mode
Regards,

vishesharora412
Star II
Same issue. My phone's ideal temperature is 32°C. While charging, normally goes to 45°C but at one time it went up to 49°C. While playing games its ambient temperature rises to 42-45°C, without X mode on. Please correct it whatever the reason is. A gaming phone should not heat this much.

almnoour
Star II
Me the same temp always high when u charge ir hyper it hit 47C temp
I put all the setting liw even i connect the fan when i put phone hotspot it goes very hot

P_chai
Star II
@Anders_ASUS
Here is my phone temperature
screenshot-20200923-113821153.jpg
That's after watching YouTube for 5 mins
screenshot-20200923-233232407.jpg
This is while charging. Not to mention while charging and playing game at the same time.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
P.chai

@Anders_ASUS

Here is my phone temperature

screenshot-20200923-113821153.jpg

That's after watching YouTube for 5 mins

screenshot-20200923-233232407.jpg

This is while charging. Not to mention while charging and playing game at the same time.

View post
Hyper charging will do that to your phone. This is nothing new and it will happen on most fast charging phones depending on where you are in the charging process.