sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone-3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.32
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS, @Titan_ASUS, @Laura_ASUS, @Anders_ASUS
I'm not sure how in-display fingerprint works but is it possible to reduce the brightness of the sensor according to the screen brightness.
My screens brightness is set to 30% and when I try to unlock my phone at night using fingerprint the fingerprint sensor glows at 100% which is very uncomfortable to the eyes when you are using your phone in dark room.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Buster
Star III
sanjaykr.kundu

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone-3
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.32
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS, @Titan_ASUS, @Laura_ASUS, @Anders_ASUS

I'm not sure how in-display fingerprint works but is it possible to reduce the brightness of the sensor according to the screen brightness.

My screens brightness is set to 30% and when I try to unlock my phone at night using fingerprint the fingerprint sensor glows at 100% which is very uncomfortable to the eyes when you are using your phone in dark room.

Thank you.

Fingerprint sensor's light is too bright
Sorry to say but that's how the in-display fingerprint in Rog 3 works .
Suggestion : As the in-display fingerprint is a bit useless in your situation u can use face unlock which is very much accurate as I own one rog3 I claim it's very useful bases of your habit .
Happy gaming 😀

mo8397mo
Star I
Hello there.
I've just bought the ROG phone 3 global version. And i kind of having the same problem the fingerprint sensor is lighten up in white.. even though I've watched a lot of videos of tests and unboxing neither of them had face this issue.
Should I return my unit back or what??
img-20200923-wa0000.jpg

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Mine does light up in bright white, think that's the way