This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

gamervm1279
Star I
I got the update for 0.70.....upon reboot the phone freezes in update mode for long time almost 1 hr and the status bar jus keeps running and led logo at the back keeps blinking.....had to hard restart the phone....after few hard restarts the phone reboots and gives msg not able to install new update....this has happened atleast 3 times....can some1 help

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116073#Comment_116073

Sounds like they haven't even tested the software properly before releasing it to the public. Sigh.

View post
You cannot use temperature to determine it is charging, this is subjective. What if game working the phone harder? What if you have other apps running in background?
screenshot-20200923-032321789.jpg

You should download app like ampere, turn on bypass feature for the app.
I tested it indicates battery not charging if it is turned on.

Nyaroon
Star II
@CH_ASUS
Anyone know why my rog 3 didnt got OTA update is it faulty device?,
How do i refund global device?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Nyaroon

@CH_ASUS

Anyone know why my rog 3 didnt got OTA update is it faulty device?,

How do i refund global device?

View post
I doubt it is fauly. FOTA rollouts are always staggered. For any inquiry about refund, contact your reseller.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
gamervm1279

I got the update for 0.70.....upon reboot the phone freezes in update mode for long time almost 1 hr and the status bar jus keeps running and led logo at the back keeps blinking.....had to hard restart the phone....after few hard restarts the phone reboots and gives msg not able to install new update....this has happened atleast 3 times....can some1 help

View post
Did you get it through a FOTA or did you find UL file online "not from ASUS"? I'll PM you as to not clutter this thread about bypass charging.