This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display WEAR in 2months. | Is it gaming display quality?

psgbharathi
Star III

Model Name:Rog 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

I have been using Rog 2 and I love asus from zenphone max pro m1.
I too faced blackscreeen/restart issue and now my device is in the service center for past 1 week. Waiting for the motherboard to replaced.
Now my problem is , after bought the phone my phone display got small wear becaz of the constant rubbing during ,Pubg game.
Not even 2 MONTHS but display got wear, Service center people not giving the proper reply for the screen replacement.
Previously my ASUS max pro m1 and 5z device never got wear complaint even I play more.
But this gaming device ROG 2 display can't even stand for 2months.One of my other friend have ROG2 with the same issue.
How come gaming phone display gets wear in small area within 2month by using fingers only

Here is my RMA number: SRASINCOI2009140001

@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @

8 REPLIES 8

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi psgbharathi,
Please check your PM and share details.

MAttiya
Star II
i got burn in about 4 month ago
and there is no warrenty in my country so
لبست الجهاز وتوبة اسوس تانى

Aryan202
Community Legend I
There are no "gaming displays" with "gaming quality" first of all
And what you're describing sounds like the oleophobic coating is wearing off on your display
Info about what that coating actually is:
Oleophobic coating – what it is, how to clean your phone, what to do if the coating wears offIt happens with excess usage like while gaming etc (for example when you use the trigger button everytime you play a game like pubg or cod ) the constant use wears off the coating in a few months
But you can use 3rd party protectors as they have their own coating (if you're using one right now then just change the tempered glass) or use alternatives and apply the coating on your display again (google about it)

psgbharathi
Star III
Previously I had
Averan

There are no "gaming displays" with "gaming quality" first of all

And what you're describing sounds like the oleophobic coating is wearing off on your display

Info about what that coating actually is:

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Oleophobic-coating--what-it-is-how-to-clean-your-phone-what-to-do-if...

It happens with excess usage like while gaming etc (for example when you use the trigger button everytime you play a game like pubg or cod ) the constant use wears off the coating in a few months

But you can use 3rd party protectors as they have their own coating (if you're using one right now then just change the tempered glass) of their own or use alternatives and apply the coating again

View post
Previously I had tempered glass and tempered also looked like wear in one area.
So I removed it and checked the display but display have the same wear in that area.
Everything happened in 2month of buying phone.
I don't know anything about the coating you are saying about.
But in my area service center guys told they won't do anything about my display and told me to contact asus itself.
Thats why I posted here