This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

ericargarcia572
Star III
If your device is a carrier-locked device, updates may delay

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116201#Comment_116201

🤣 I like the essays comment.

Not giving precise or being vague doesn't help any of the problems at all. To some people, taking that much information might be a struggle as the expectations is usually a quick resolution to everything and workarounds/investigation isn't acceptable. That I understand - but this what makes problems on forums so difficult to understand as it could be interpreted differently. Apart from the pandemic, which part of go to service centre so you can get your phone checked doesn't make sense -and that was from the moderators?

So yes I do understand the fustrations you guys are getting with issues, but if a moderator says that you need to visit a service centre, that moderator is clearly saying they can't do anything from their side. New features is basically the same. Moderators has his hands tied, they can't do anything from their side because devs haven't come back to them and yet on the other side, you have people wanting updates and if nothing is done, there will be utter chaos. Yet, they always give you professionalism on forums.

Not saying anything is not my type as I do genuinely try to help both sides. I see people are replying to issues with suggestions which is good. We all make mistakes. We all learn from each other's mistake. Demanding is not always good to get your request through but that could be a language barrier. But as soon as someone disagrees or is up for discussion, the words "dumb", "idiot", "fanboy" appear quickly.

But the question is, do you understand though? I have plenty of time on my hand and I will be around for some time. 😁 See you all around.

View post
image.png
You get 10/10 for effort

Osmak
Star III
Can I know what security threats you are worried about? Or you just like to whine for useless updates...u got android 10 now stay happy stop asking for updates updates...
And u r never getting android 11 and it's not needed ...I see these kids crying all the time about in this forum for updates...just use the phone it's working fine ..don't just cry for updates u don't even know what it is...."I wANt SeCuRItY upDatE..I AM At RiSK...

Osmak
Star III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116238#Comment_116238

Like comeon, ask those who visited service center and gave their phone for 15 days, how many of their issues are fixed... Moreover they are encouraging users to visit the service center in the middle of a pandemic and we are helpless because we have to take it before our warranty ends so we take it to service center to get our phone fixed. After that we expect that our phone works properly since we submitted phones for 15 days and even after those 15 days we are still facing same issues. What does that tell us??? That tells us that the asus mods are just bullshitting us by telling us that because my city service center guys are pretty chill and they told me themselves the reality of asus and behind the scenes. They told me the issues can only be fixed via software and there is no hardware issue in my phone after i sent it to the service center. So if the hardware is ok then why are mods again and again asking me to visit service center? Reason is they are either lazy to fix them or they just want us to suffer so we move to rog 3. Both of those are the reasons i am boycotting asus.

View post
Can I know what issues you are having because phone is just working fine..I think you are one of those guys who starts whining when flashlight doens't turn on ..... Tell me ur issues....u r just a liar and talking nonsense...rog 2 is working very nicely....stop complaining...

KenWong
Star III
well, based on Asus track record, if your priority is software update, best go to samsung if you not the type to shift phone frequently. Asus will only update the previous model once or twice per year if new model got released. Then halt after 2 year.