This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my rog phone 2 tecent edition with ww which i updated is shutting down when i plug it in

Arjun_shanker
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog phone 2 tecent edition 128 gb 8 ram
Firmware Version:ww 2007.27
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: shits down every time i plug in my device using the 18 watt charger although it still charges it shuts down first which is irritating
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): i have none that are a problem
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=======================================
i have recently purchased a 30 watt hypercharge and it seems to charge my phone fine so far however when i plug in my phone with the charger from the box 18 watt charger it after sometime goes to shut down mode or the mode when your device reaches 0 % and then charges in saving mode with the lightning emblem . my phone goes to that mode whether im in 90% or 10 %
also some times i seem to have problem with my battery as its flowed down from 40 to 9 that day when i just had my alarm clock ringing in the morning
the phone also is having some issues when i use it for calls it seems to either not ring when i call someone or i cant hear the other person talking or they cant hear me that day the phone reset its wifi passwords for no freaking reason and i had to set wifi passwords all over again
asus i bought this phone bcs it was praised for its perfomance and speed but didnt know it had such horrible software management i have been having this problem for the last two months and was hoping to see anew software update or so oe is the mistake : bcs i updated from cn to ww
i took it to the asus shop and their saying the cant send it for repair cause tecent edition
and china and all that its irritating and looks like ur not tring that much
but isnt tecent edition still under still with asus
u cant expect your buyer to go all the way to china or send the phone all the way to china and wait for two months for it to be repaired . im not sure if this is a software problem or hardware problem but i need it fixed
also i have stopped playing pubg for months now since the first shut down when i plugged my phone in thinking thats the problem or should i factory reset it ???

4 REPLIES 4

Arjun_shanker
Star I
main reason i posted was to tell u that my phone is shutting down and charging every time i plug in using the 18 watt
and having some other issues
im sorry for the inconvenience asus rog

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Arjun shanker

main reason i posted was to tell u that my phone is shutting down and charging every time i plug in using the 18 watt

and having some other issues

im sorry for the inconvenience asus rog

View post
I'm sorry to hear about your charger. It's quite common that companies only have local warranty so it does of course become a problem when you buy a product from another country. Have you tried to get help from the dealer?
Unfortunately, there's nothing we mods can do from our end. I can only wish you best of luck and hope that you get help from the dealer.

Arjun_shanker
Star I
right does it help if i factory reset the phone

Not applicable
Arjun shanker

right does it help if i factory reset the phone

View post
Since i dont think any mods will reply to you, please try factory reset and downgrade and see if that fixes anything. Chances of getting help from mods on this topic is 0.003% which is close to "not" so you're on your own but don't worry. You can ask anything and i will try to reply with a solution 🙂