This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

ronald1985
Community Legend I
deeppaul589

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115697#Comment_115697

What is so different about gaming phones ?? High speed displays are now main stream and natively supported. Other manufacturers also have stereo speakers. There are 2 USB ports and air triggers which are extra, but they don't have to tune the kernel for these every time they release an update. It's more or less the same as a normal phone.

View post
To me - the hardware is more important for a gaming phone. Software i.e. the looks (like changing colour, background) comes to the bottom of the list for me. I am from Europe and I don't use VOLTE and 5G wasn't even on my requirement list for gaming. The RAM and processing power i.e. the speed will always come first than the quality for me. Does quality actually make you play better? But its your viewpoint really at the end as not everyone has the same style of play.
Gaming phones are kind of different because of the bulked up hardware and even the looks sometimes. Just like a gaming PC with bulked up hardware and running on the same Windows or Linux Distros. Likewise, what is the point of a gaming mouse to a normal mouse. Air triggers is another hardware feature that the gaming phones are coming up with that a normal phone dont have. I know some of you will come back saying this isnt a gaming phone because it is breaking for me. But this is a discussion about two phones that work.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116209#Comment_116209

To me - the hardware is more important for a gaming phone. Software i.e. the looks (like changing colour, background) comes to the bottom of the list for me. I am from Europe and I don't use VOLTE and 5G wasn't even on my requirement list for gaming. The RAM and processing power i.e. the speed will always come first than the quality for me. Does quality actually make you play better? But its your viewpoint really at the end as not everyone has the same style of play.

Gaming phones are kind of different because of the bulked up hardware and even the looks sometimes. Just like a gaming PC with bulked up hardware and running on the same Windows or Linux Distros. Likewise, what is the point of a gaming mouse to a normal mouse. Air triggers is another hardware feature that the gaming phones are coming up with that a normal phone dont have. I know some of you will come back saying this isnt a gaming phone because it is breaking for me. But this is a discussion about two phones that work.

View post
😂😂 You seem to love ferarri but you don't care about what fuel you put in the tank. Smooth software is not only desireable but also necessary. Their software is not smooth as other manufacturers.
What I'm saying is normal phones are not so different from a gaming phone only a few changes here and there. Ofcourse there is the air triggers which is additional hardware, but most of it is similar to a normal phone

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116209#Comment_116209

View post
What's the point of hardware if you can't even use it properly?? Mr.R, you must understand that having a six pack isn't enough to win a boxing match, you must have brains to build a strategy to win from your opponents i.e asus has beast hardware but no software to properly utilize it which lacks that brains win the battle against other phones and the only flaw in asus is the software part which asus is not willing to fix for rog 2 users. After recent rog 3 updates which includes alot of fixes from the issues of rog 2 that the users are still facing the same issues as rog 3 but they are getting fixed for rog 3 and abondoned rog 2 as it is. I love helping people just like you but the difference between me and you is the point of view and analysis of things. I bought this phone in second sale of rog 2 and i think i am one of the first customer to read most of the previous issues and according to my analysis asus never helped or fixed any major issues for rog 2 except first 2 months, those are the only updates that asus fixed and added features for rog 2. After that they worked for android 10 for 6 months and didn't add anything major except android 10... More over android 10 just made more issues for users. I just want to ask, what was asus doing in beta program for android 10??????? They fixed minimal issues in beta program as i was also using beta A10 from beginning and after the initial release of A10, i realised that no new features are coming to rog 2, the air trigger slidding gesture is still in beta, major fixes are not taken seriously and users are just asked to take phone to service center or sending logs to mods and after you send logs to mods, your issue is still there in next update. Other thing is even service center doesn't help, they take your device for 15 days and nothing is fixed. Every 5 day you visit service center expecting your device will be fixed but nothing ever in this forum is fixed as i have observed. Still facing restart and shutdown issues as usual even after giving phone for 15 days twice.... People just want their phones to work properly for god's sake but nothing ever works "normal" for this phone. Asus Fanboys annoy me because they are just encouraging asus to just lay down and relax because FANBOYS are there to cover up the tracks. I realise that you are also underatanding that why we hate fanboys of asus and why we are annoyed by them so its time that we stop taking asus side because all they're doing is straight up denying the fact that we are facing issues. Did you see, people have been reporting the sound delay issue since January and there is a 3rd party recorder without any delay proving that its the issue with inbuilt recorder but in past 3 updates they never fixed the issue, completely ignoring the 300ms delay even from the phone speakers now! So please stop encouraging asus to not fix those issues and start forcing them to fix it because we've waited a long time and it seems like they are not willing to fix the issues. This new upcoming update will either prove that asus is just bullshitting us by just giving a security patch and no fixes or they will fix major issues and maybe add new features which might change the way i look at asus. Please bare with us, you are one of us and i think its enough for asus bullshitting us for months.

Not applicable
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116216#Comment_116216

What's the point of hardware if you can't even use it properly?? Mr.R, you must understand that having a six pack isn't enough to win a boxing match, you must have brains to build a strategy to win from your opponents i.e asus has beast hardware but no software to properly utilize it which lacks that brains win the battle against other phones and the only flaw in asus is the software part which asus is not willing to fix for rog 2 users. After recent rog 3 updates which includes alot of fixes from the issues of rog 2 that the users are still facing the same issues as rog 3 but they are getting fixed for rog 3 and abondoned rog 2 as it is. I love helping people just like you but the difference between me and you is the point of view and analysis of things. I bought this phone in second sale of rog 2 and i think i am one of the first customer to read most of the previous issues and according to my analysis asus never helped or fixed any major issues for rog 2 except first 2 months, those are the only updates that asus fixed and added features for rog 2. After that they worked for android 10 for 6 months and didn't add anything major except android 10... More over android 10 just made more issues for users. I just want to ask, what was asus doing in beta program for android 10??????? They fixed minimal issues in beta program as i was also using beta A10 from beginning and after the initial release of A10, i realised that no new features are coming to rog 2, the air trigger slidding gesture is still in beta, major fixes are not taken seriously and users are just asked to take phone to service center or sending logs to mods and after you send logs to mods, your issue is still there in next update. Other thing is even service center doesn't help, they take your device for 15 days and nothing is fixed. Every 5 day you visit service center expecting your device will be fixed but nothing ever in this forum is fixed as i have observed. Still facing restart and shutdown issues as usual even after giving phone for 15 days twice.... People just want their phones to work properly for god's sake but nothing ever works "normal" for this phone. Asus Fanboys annoy me because they are just encouraging asus to just lay down and relax because FANBOYS are there to cover up the tracks. I realise that you are also underatanding that why we hate fanboys of asus and why we are annoyed by them so its time that we stop taking asus side because all they're doing is straight up denying the fact that we are facing issues. Did you see, people have been reporting the sound delay issue since January and there is a 3rd party recorder without any delay proving that its the issue with inbuilt recorder but in past 3 updates they never fixed the issue, completely ignoring the 300ms delay even from the phone speakers now! So please stop encouraging asus to not fix those issues and start forcing them to fix it because we've waited a long time and it seems like they are not willing to fix the issues. This new upcoming update will either prove that asus is just bullshitting us by just giving a security patch and no fixes or they will fix major issues and maybe add new features which might change the way i look at asus. Please bare with us, you are one of us and i think its enough for asus bullshitting us for months.

View post
Like comeon, ask those who visited service center and gave their phone for 15 days, how many of their issues are fixed... Moreover they are encouraging users to visit the service center in the middle of a pandemic and we are helpless because we have to take it before our warranty ends so we take it to service center to get our phone fixed. After that we expect that our phone works properly since we submitted phones for 15 days and even after those 15 days we are still facing same issues. What does that tell us??? That tells us that the asus mods are just bullshitting us by telling us that because my city service center guys are pretty chill and they told me themselves the reality of asus and behind the scenes. They told me the issues can only be fixed via software and there is no hardware issue in my phone after i sent it to the service center. So if the hardware is ok then why are mods again and again asking me to visit service center? Reason is they are either lazy to fix them or they just want us to suffer so we move to rog 3. Both of those are the reasons i am boycotting asus.

You_ch
Star II
Yes really very slow update since zenfone 7 and pro and rog phone 3, so is my last asus phone, will back to OnePlus, quick update and open beta for all.