This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
IRONHIDE

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115690#Comment_115690

Oneplus and google more fast bro.

View post
Yeah well Samsung updates a lot of their devices faster nowadays
image.png

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
dj.darshan53

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113014#Comment_113014

Didnt even got august security patch yet my phone is running on july security patch which arrived at the end of august so why even bother to give patch updates when you are delaying so much

View post
Don't say that or they'll forward it to their developers 😂🤣

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115689#Comment_115689

It was not sarcasm. Didnt mention that you should not buy the phone if you're top concern is security. I was only advising him to do some research because not all phones will roll out security updates on the same month it is out.

Shut down issue have been answered by moderators and I have simply relayed that message. No one said it was a feature. My friends and I cannot re-produce the issue and we too play PUBG. I won't answer on others behalf. But that alone is not a software issue because we would get the same issue. Would you agree?

When I've said Black Shark and Red Magic, it was comparing on update intervals. Shut down issue was irrelevant to the discussion. In my other response to OP, I compared Google Pixels and OnePlus. Not sure why OP didn't want Google Pixel instead of OnePlus. I thought it was a great recommendation since A11 is out and about already.

I don't need to discuss about the last sentence. It's a forum.

View post
Ngl you're really good at writing essays instead of trying to understand the person's experience, but hey everyone's got flaws you just gotta start working on them. You might be doing this out of the good of your heart but whatever you say on the forum isn't helping those who have had a bad experience and just want the OEM to listen to them and sometimes Ronald it's better not say anything if you can't really help them with the problem.
Again I'm expecting nothing less than an essay if you decide to reply.... don't disappoint me.
As for everyone else, guys there's nothing we can do other than wait for the update, ASUS will push it when they feel like the SW has passed all their internal tests and other things like CTS approval from Google and what not. I'm expecting some major changes this coming update and if there's nothing new then I'm gonna jump ship too just like you, so lets see what they have for us coz if it ain't something good they're gonna lose me and lots of others who are still here after facing major issues with this device.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115689#Comment_115689

It was not sarcasm. Didnt mention that you should not buy the phone if you're top concern is security. I was only advising him to do some research because not all phones will roll out security updates on the same month it is out.

Shut down issue have been answered by moderators and I have simply relayed that message. No one said it was a feature. My friends and I cannot re-produce the issue and we too play PUBG. I won't answer on others behalf. But that alone is not a software issue because we would get the same issue. Would you agree?

When I've said Black Shark and Red Magic, it was comparing on update intervals. Shut down issue was irrelevant to the discussion. In my other response to OP, I compared Google Pixels and OnePlus. Not sure why OP didn't want Google Pixel instead of OnePlus. I thought it was a great recommendation since A11 is out and about already.

I don't need to discuss about the last sentence. It's a forum.

View post
What is so different about gaming phones ?? High speed displays are now main stream and natively supported. Other manufacturers also have stereo speakers. There are 2 USB ports and air triggers which are extra, but they don't have to tune the kernel for these every time they release an update. It's more or less the same as a normal phone.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
FiREPLAY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115697#Comment_115697

Ngl you're really good at writing essays instead of trying to understand the person's experience, but hey everyone's got flaws you just gotta start working on them. You might be doing this out of the good of your heart but whatever you say on the forum isn't helping those who have had a bad experience and just want the OEM to listen to them and sometimes Ronald it's better not say anything if you can't really help them with the problem.

Again I'm expecting nothing less than an essay if you decide to reply.... don't disappoint me.

This is for everyone else, guys there's nothing we can do other than wait for the update, ASUS will push it when they feel like the SW has passed all their internal tests and other things like CTS approval from Google and what not. I'm expecting some major changes this coming update and if there's nothing new then I'm gonna jump ship too just like you, so lets see what they have for us coz if it ain't something good they're gonna lose me and lots of others who are still here after facing major issues with this device.

View post
🤣 I like the essays comment.
Not giving precise or being vague doesn't help any of the problems at all. To some people, taking that much information might be a struggle as the expectations is usually a quick resolution to everything and workarounds/investigation isn't acceptable. That I understand - but this what makes problems on forums so difficult to understand as it could be interpreted differently. Apart from the pandemic, which part of go to service centre so you can get your phone checked doesn't make sense -and that was from the moderators?
So yes I do understand the fustrations you guys are getting with issues, but if a moderator says that you need to visit a service centre, that moderator is clearly saying they can't do anything from their side. New features is basically the same. Moderators has his hands tied, they can't do anything from their side because devs haven't come back to them and yet on the other side, you have people wanting updates and if nothing is done, there will be utter chaos. Yet, they always give you professionalism on forums.
Not saying anything is not my type as I do genuinely try to help both sides. I see people are replying to issues with suggestions which is good. We all make mistakes. We all learn from each other's mistake. Demanding is not always good to get your request through but that could be a language barrier. But as soon as someone disagrees or is up for discussion, the words "dumb", "idiot", "fanboy" appear quickly.
But the question is, do you understand though? I have plenty of time on my hand and I will be around for some time. 😁 See you all around.