nithya_prince5
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No
My phone's battery is draining even when it is idle all the background battery consumption is restricted, wifi, bluetooth, location everything is off even though the battery is draining 20 % per hour. Have checked my third party apps everything is going fine. this is happening after the recent security patch update. Am getting frustated with this problem from more than 20 days. I need some solution for this as soon as possible.
8 REPLIES 8

mcmorenoi
Star I
@Asus please let the community know if this battery issue is induced via software to kill the phones hoping that users would buy anoter ASUS phone. Otherwise revert the update revision level to the last one that worked fine.
This is making the phone (at least mine) useless. It discharges in 6 to 8 hours in stand-by mode.
Please take action and help your users. Thanks.

Yachendra
Rising Star II
mcmorenoi

@Asus please let the community know if this battery issue is induced via software to kill the phones hoping that users would buy anoter ASUS phone. Otherwise revert the update revision level to the last one that worked fine.

This is making the phone (at least mine) useless. It discharges in 6 to 8 hours in stand-by mode.

Please take action and help your users. Thanks.

View post
There is a latest update with firmware version 16.2017.2009.087 released for this device, update to it and do battery calibration and check whether your issue solved or not.

AsusYouzr
Rising Star II
nithya.prince5

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No

My phone's battery is draining even when it is idle all the background battery consumption is restricted, wifi, bluetooth, location everything is off even though the battery is draining 20 % per hour. Have checked my third party apps everything is going fine. this is happening after the recent security patch update. Am getting frustated with this problem from more than 20 days. I need some solution for this as soon as possible.

Abnormal Battery drain
20% idle drain is too much. Latest FOTA update version 087 is out. Check if your issue may solve with it.
When i was in 082 firmware , i didn't see this much idle drain.
Normal chrome, YouTube, WhatsApp , Facebook usage drain is maximum 8 percent per hour since i bought this phone.

nithya_prince5
Star II
The worst phone ever. After 2 days of the above mentioned post , my phone become very heat just for a 10 mins use, the rubber back case i used for it started smelling like burnt, later I found a small opening on right side of the phone that made me clear that the battery is bulging so I immediately transferred files to other device and made factory setting,
I switched it off and next day morning I went to the nearest authorized service center they said the same as I thought " the battery got bulged", I have found many people reaching the service center with same issue they said they need to order the battery it would take 1 week long, unfortunately due to lockdown it took 15 more days later when I visited again, the shop was closed and a nearby shop men in the complex told that they are infected with corona it might take more than 10 days to open the shop,
I didn't give them device when I visited it for 1st time I told them call me when you get the battery I will come with device. but in this meanwhile the opening was even more wider it made me pathetic I went to some other shop and asked them to takeoff the battery. later after 10 days the authorized service center people called me and said the new battery is ready and I have also asked them to downgrade the software. they changed the battery and downgraded the software to 0.60 version with December 2019 security patch with 3 months warranty for battery. It costs 2050/- for both battery and software downgrade.
It is working fine now and I have no dare to make software update anymore even it is continuously showing. Because, my sister was also using the same mobile, after the recent update the phone started reverse charging. I don't know why ASUS is delivering buggy updates and making the phone worse am not going to buy Asus mobile anymore in my life and I will suggest the same to my acquaintances.