This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

Aman89053
Rising Star II
MV

Woah! Thats a cool new gamer centric feature. Can't wait to test it out. 👍👍

Thats really neat I would say.

screenshot-20200921-145025899.png

View post
32 degree Celsius temperature .. how??

MV
Rising Star II
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115422#Comment_115422

32 degree Celsius temperature .. how??

View post
I wasnt playing. Yet to test that feature. But won't until I know how it affects all the internal components. Have a lot of questions. @CH_ASUS
* Does the phone run on AC power constantly.
* Does the phone heat up more than usual when doing the same activity, in turn causing frame drops.
* What are the long term effects, if there are any?
* what if I am on 100% does the battery stays at 100%, similarly if i am on 1% battery what happens.
As we have this feature I would not shy away and ask, can have some graphs in battery section or somewhere to check how much time bypass feature was used?

jogg
Star I
Bybass charging not work for me. It still charging the batt even if it is turned on. Any help? Thanks

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
joshua.mad18a

Some one i need help bout my signal in rog3 while playing or not the signal is gone 😞 need someone admin or dev pls

View post
Please create a thread with your problem - refrain from nesting questions about other topics in threads as it makes it really difficult for everyone to follow up.

Nyaroon
Star II
I never got OTA update , always do manual update but today update have no manual from site?, How do i receive OTA update?