This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay not working after latest update

Syn
Star II
After updating today the phone no longer meets Google Play Security Certification and GPay refuses to work.
It worked just fine prior to updating. Resetting Play Store or GPay doesn't fix it.
Edit: The Certification is still there in my settings so in theory it should still work but can't reinstall the GPay app or Play Store. Avoiding factory reset would be preferable.

Edit 2: Contacted Google and they say it's on your end to fix the firmware and meet security standards so that was a dead end.
21 REPLIES 21

pepperumo
Star I
Syn

@Gustav_ASUS issue persists today as well

View post
Same problem for me, please solve ASAP. Please do not let us factory reset our phone.

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
pepperumo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115879#Comment_115879

Same problem for me, please solve ASAP. Please do not let us factory reset our phone.

View post
Now I have to ask...does it solve the Problem when you reset your phone? I could, I have time, but I would not like to factory reset it, again. I would even be more angry if it doesn't solve the problem.

Syn
Star II
Should be on them to patch it. I really hate having to redo all the setup, especially over their broken update

dasn252
Star III
Alos same . My google pay is not working.even trying all type of possibilities. Plese solve this issue asap. What if a 50 k phone doesn't able to use google pay. @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I've passed it on to our developers.