cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS 
The screen flickers at extreme low brightness on white background like Instagram DM and Gmail etc. When suddenly brightness is dropped from medium or high to extreme low the flickering can be seen on white baground this happens only for extreme low brightness and dark room.This is not a hardware problem because at medium to high this doesn't happens.
43 REPLIES 43

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I'm a Zenfone 6's user and this is exactly how to get banned. Nobody's gonna try to help you if you'll keep acting like this. This is a community, not personal helpdesk

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
although there are some issues i myself reported many but you can't deny the innovation they brought. i understand whenever there is a new approach things are going to be difficult initially but i think they are really working on it... can see it from updates.. lets not abuse and talk s**t. lets keep it clean with clear conversation.. @Kris_ASUS.. i will try to capture video next it happens.
PEACE FOLKS! 

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The camera can't capture this "effect" and because of this no one uploaded a video with it!
You sound like "Well i can't see flickering and there is no problem. All of you wich experiencing this, you are delusional!"
If i share a picture of the AZ6 next to Nokia 8 in direct sunlight at max brightness of the display, you must close your forum and stop selling this device. ?The display is barely visible at direct sunlight! 600nits my ****!
And if we speak about the camera... Why don't you ask Arnova8G2 how to do it? One man is better than all of your so called dev team!
One more thing- only 10 people have problems?! No, a lot of people have it, stop lying i am not blind!
Go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store... No, man, your software team sucks!
PS: Unfortunately i have Asus X470 mobo and R7 3700X CPU and i can't use it because of the Bios- it's crap, that Asus's dev team produced!
Three times i gave my money to Asus, no more of that!
First of, you're not allowed to use cursing in this forum. This is your first and final warning. There's no excuse to use that kind of language. Anything you want to say can be said in a civilized manner.

1. I'm not saying that you are delusional but please imagine that you're in my seat. What would you do if your job is to report back to the engineers with issues found by our users. Do you think it is sufficient to tell them. The screen flickers at low brightness when I can't duplicate this error myself? How am I going to explain what they're looking for? If I just tell them what you told me, then best case, they look at 2-3 devices and tell me that they couldn't find the issue. If I have a video, then it's much easier to get them to look for this issue in a much larger number of devices.
Maybe it's not possible to capture on video. But then I need something else which can help us. Maybe the only thing we can do is to send your device for analysis. 

2. The Nokia 8 has 700 nits display and even if they both were 600 nits laying next to each other, it's possible that one might look slightly brighter than the other. But I can assure you. ZenFone 6 has 600nits and it's legit. We're not making this up. It can be measured and it has been confirmed by several media.

3. Actually, the people working in our camera team are really awesome. The reason why we are behind other brands is because our team is not as big as that of Samsung, Huawei och Apple which I hope you can understand.
Arnova8G2 is skilled but he's basically testing different parameters with software developed by Google which isn't the same thing as making your own software. As a company, we can't use Googles software or they would sue us the very second they see that we use their code.

4. There are about 10 people in the English zentalk with this issue. I counted them. There might be up to 30 in the Chinese zentalk and even more when you include other forums and our store but it's still nothing compared to how many we have sold. All the people that have contacted our service center with a device that have had the same issue, proved to be hardware. It would have been better for us if it was software as hardware is more expensive to fix. The latest FW triggered a malfunction that some motherboards had. This is why it wasn't discovered before. Would you rather have us covering it up by trying to change the software again?

5. I'm sorry that you motherboard doesn't work to your satisfaction but every motherboard manufacturer has these issues. You can't find one brand where all the customers are 100% happy. It's hard making good motherboards and really hard to make a good bios. There are so many combinations of hardware components that it is actually a marvel that motherboards work at all. Regardless of your personal experience, ASUS recorded motherboard quality is overall very good and I dare to say that it is still the best. Switching brand compared to switching to another ASUS motherboard won't statistically increase your chance of getting a computer without any issues. I do however understand why you would want to change brand. It's perfectly normal. 

I just want to summarize that we're here, we're listening and we're doing our best to make you happy. This is the whole purpose of this forum. To give our valuable customers a voice. To have a direkt link where you can share your experience with us and where we can discuss how to make ASUS products even better.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
The camera can't capture this "effect" and because of this no one uploaded a video with it!
You sound like "Well i can't see flickering and there is no problem. All of you wich experiencing this, you are delusional!"
If i share a picture of the AZ6 next to Nokia 8 in direct sunlight at max brightness of the display, you must close your forum and stop selling this device. ?The display is barely visible at direct sunlight! 600nits my ****!
And if we speak about the camera... Why don't you ask Arnova8G2 how to do it? One man is better than all of your so called dev team!
One more thing- only 10 people have problems?! No, a lot of people have it, stop lying i am not blind!
Go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store... No, man, your software team sucks!
PS: Unfortunately i have Asus X470 mobo and R7 3700X CPU and i can't use it because of the Bios- it's crap, that Asus's dev team produced!
Three times i gave my money to Asus, no more of that!
First of, you're not allowed to use cursing in this forum. This is your first and final warning. There's no excuse to use that kind of language. Anything you want to say can be said in a civilized manner.

1. I'm not saying that you are delusional but please imagine that you're in my seat. What would you do if your job is to report back to the engineers with issues found by our users. Do you think it is sufficient to tell them. The screen flickers at low brightness when I can't duplicate this error myself? How am I going to explain what they're looking for? If I just tell them what you told me, then best case, they look at 2-3 devices and tell me that they couldn't find the issue. If I have a video, then it's much easier to get them to look for this issue in a much larger number of devices.
Maybe it's not possible to capture on video. But then I need something else which can help us. Maybe the only thing we can do is to send your device for analysis. 

2. The Nokia 8 has 700 nits display and even if they both were 600 nits laying next to each other, it's possible that one might look slightly brighter than the other. But I can assure you. ZenFone 6 has 600nits and it's legit. We're not making this up. It can be measured and it has been confirmed by several media.

3. Actually, the people working in our camera team are really awesome. The reason why we are behind other brands is because our team is not as big as that of Samsung, Huawei och Apple which I hope you can understand.
Arnova8G2 is skilled but he's basically testing different parameters with software developed by Google which isn't the same thing as making your own software. As a company, we can't use Googles software or they would sue us the very second they see that we use their code.

4. There are about 10 people in the English zentalk with this issue. I counted them. There might be up to 30 in the Chinese zentalk and even more when you include other forums and our store but it's still nothing compared to how many we have sold. All the people that have contacted our service center with a device that have had the same issue, proved to be hardware. It would have been better for us if it was software as hardware is more expensive to fix. The latest FW triggered a malfunction that some motherboards had. This is why it wasn't discovered before. Would you rather have us covering it up by trying to change the software again?

5. I'm sorry that you motherboard doesn't work to your satisfaction but every motherboard manufacturer has these issues. You can't find one brand where all the customers are 100% happy. It's hard making good motherboards and really hard to make a good bios. There are so many combinations of hardware components that it is actually a marvel that motherboards work at all. Regardless of your personal experience, ASUS recorded motherboard quality is overall very good and I dare to say that it is still the best. Switching brand compared to switching to another ASUS motherboard won't statistically increase your chance of getting a computer without any issues. I do however understand why you would want to change brand. It's perfectly normal. 

I just want to summarize that we're here, we're listening and we're doing our best to make you happy. This is the whole purpose of this forum. To give our valuable customers a voice. To have a direkt link where you can share your experience with us and where we can discuss how to make ASUS products even better.
And we are alwayss with you ASUS to help you keep growing day by day m ASUS user since 1ST gen of zenfones n today i would like to say ASUS NEVER DISAPPOINTED ME TO WATEVER ISSUES I FACED INFACT ASUS WAS SO EGAR CALLING ME SEVERAL TIMES AND GETTING MY ISSUE SOLVED 

AND from 1st GEN m ZENFONE USER UNTIL 5Z NOW my freinds family and various relatives all are having zenfones from different generation and diffrent family like max,zoom,deluxe and flagships  

I WOULD LIKE TO BE VERY MUCH THANKFUL TO ASUS FOR BRINGING SUCH AWSME TECHNOLOGY TO LIFESTYLES AND HELP LYFSTYLES GROW STRONGER AND EASIER 

love u ASUS ? 
AND NEVER MIND your effortss are always appreciated and valuable for us as a customer i stand always for ASUS AS A ZENFAMILY ?
and please dont mind modertors never get a heldback from negative comments and u gave a perfect answer heartly apprecaible 

Always with you ASUS thanksalot♥️

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS 
Let me think of something to capture it as in slow motion in dark room it is not visible to record plus i know problems will b fixed but it will require some time and yeah we have faith for some solutions that's why we are writing in this forum.