amansh1004
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 2
Firmware Version:WW-V17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: most of time while charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I think this thing start happening from August,,intially phone get locked or restart sometime while playing pubg during charging and that time frequency was like one or two time and this thing wasn't happening everytime using charging
Now the frequency is increased and phone now get switch off even using normal apps and people are saying may be this is due to temperature raise
But my phone is getting switch off even at 37 degree and not getting switch off at 40 degree while charging and one more thing is from the time this problem started phone getting heated more than before the problem persists
M using phone at 60fps not even at 90 or 120
So kindly look into this matter..I was already having a bad experience with asus laser phone but give again shot to buy asus phone as I thought this is high range phone it will be better but I was wrong..there is no benefit of just launching new models if u can not provide better service and updates for ur phones..
Everytime asus update come..it come up with new bugs this thing happened at time of my asus laser phone and now same thing is happening with this model
I was about to buy other phone but I gave a shot to rog 2 because I believed in u again but asus is proving everyone wrong..plz make ur service and phones better and fix these types of issues as early as possible
9 REPLIES 9

amansh1004
Rising Star I
Thanks bro but now m waiting for update may be that will solve this issue.. I don't want to go to service center as service center are not good here ..if m going for this issue I don't know this is going to be solved or not by going there but for sure they gonna give some more issues to phone just like they did to my previous phone

ronald1985
Community Legend I
amansh1004

Thanks bro but now m waiting for update may be that will solve this issue.. I don't want to go to service center as service center are not good here ..if m going for this issue I don't know this is going to be solved or not by going there but for sure they gonna give some more issues to phone just like they did to my previous phone

View post
I don't know if I am allowed to post XDA links here, but if you do a Google search and search on this without the quotes:
"xda temperature-shutdown-resolved-service-t4162945"
The first result it comes up, go to that link, you will see that problem can be resolved through service centre. In this current climate, it would be almost impossible, but there are signs that visiting service centre do rectify the issue.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
I would recommend you to visit service center so that your device can be diagnosed better.
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.

Find service locations - India | Official Support | ASUS India

amansh1004
Rising Star I
I used phone in safe mode even then phone get switch off while charging within 1 minute.. is problem is with software update or any hardware problem?

Kar789thi
Star I
Same problem whenever i charge the mobile automatically turned off. While updating the apps in playstore also getting off.please fix the issue.also chrome getting crash if I use morethan 15 minutes.