ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Starlord

The Netflix brightness bar bug is back again

View post
The bug you're referring to is common in netflix and you need to swipe several times with the right speed to succeed. So it only happens if you're looking for it. Also, this lowest brightness is too dark to be usable even in a pitch black room so you wouldn't stay at this brightness if you want to watch anything.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
zainkim2019

The Black Crush issue is still there nothing changed... And when u turn your brightness down dark or grey collors turns brown or red wtf asus.. is it true that you could fix this issues or your just denying that its really a hardware problem....

View post
We will continue to improve but you can't expect it to go away 100%. At very low brightness we need to introduce some red tone in order to gain more information in the grey areas so we can reduce black crush. This is part of the tuning we've made. We've tried to keep it down as low as possible.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115581#Comment_115581

We will continue to improve but you can't expect it to go away 100%. At very low brightness we need to introduce some red tone in order to gain more information in the grey areas so we can reduce black crush. This is part of the tuning we've made. We've tried to keep it down as low as possible.

View post
Nicely explained ,most genuine mod with genuine answers always
I hope users will understand for sure
Thanksalot to 1 of my favr8 mod 😊
Always appreciate your hard work towards users satisfactions 👍😊

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
As expected great update 👍👍..
Thanks for hardwork and we expect this gets fixed with further updates

zainkim2019
Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
So your basically saying that it is really a hardware problem cuz its not going to be 100% gone.... And your adding a red tint issue on top of black crush issue that makes users more annoyed....