This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle battery draining problem ( max pro m1 .87 firmware)

vishnu_sdz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone max pro m1
Firmware Version: .87
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am facing severe idle battery draining problem in my max pro m1. It is a brand new phone that i have purchased one month before. So i dont think it is much of a damaged battery problem. Yesterday night the battery had drained a whooping 49 percent in screen off and the phone have been in deep sleep only for almost 2 hrs since 11 hrs from the previous charge. Screenshots attached below
screenshot-20200920-081621.png
screenshot-20200920-081527.png
I brought this phone since i want to boycott chinese mobiles and I loved stock android but I have to admit that my 3000 mah old redmi device has better battery than this 😞. Now I dont care whether it is stock android or ZenUi, dont care whether i have the latest security patch or android version but please asus provide a software that gives good battery backup and can be used as daily driver. (Nb: As this is my new phone, I've to manage to use this atleast for 2 years 🙏) Please hear my request.
11 REPLIES 11

Mukesh_Kr
Star I
Very bad battery backup in idle and screen on mode very disappointed..of this 087 update...
082 is the good from this .. update

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

you may also follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue
factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India