This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 video recording frame drops and stutters.

2003dev16
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: .47
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================so while video recording there are stutters and frame drops and is very bad I can't even record Anything and also there is a noticeable delay when I turn my camera left or right. This started after the last 3 updates.

8 REPLIES 8

federicaargo
Star III
I also wanna add it's happening on 8K, 4K 60fps and 4K (not really sure of this one, can't remember).
It stops lagging from FHD 60fps and down

daniel10160058
Star II
Hi there, guys! ( Rog Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS - 1A002EU)
When shooting 4k 60fps there is a serious occasional stutter and also when shooting in 8K ( I know that 8k shoots in 30 fps still, not consistent)
There are other brands with Snap 865 and it does not stutter at all when shooting 4k 60 fps, not even one bit. So please, fix that as soon as possible.
Other than that so far this phone is amazing and I got two updates for less than 24hours (.58 [upon obtaining and activating the phone for the first time it was waiting fore me hah] and .70) which is amazing. Keep updating and caring like that and ASUS might become my favorite brand (hope that I will get at least andorid 11 and 12 in the future)
I had bad exp with ASUS* ROG PHONE 3 TENCENT GAMERS, CN MARKET (shady reseller of course, my mistake) with flashed GLOBAL ROM, I had many bugs, still it managed to shoot silky smooth 4k 60 and consisten 8k 30. I did return it and got a full refund, cause of not wanting a flashed device sold as fit for the EU (scam) and got this one with less powerful Snap 865 (instead of 865+). Still, there are other brands with with Snap 865 (non + model) and 4k videos shoot at silky smooth 60fps and I also think that half of these manufacturers are inferior compared to ASUS as a whole.
I am in the hosting business and I sell and deal with advanced server tech and hardware, so I am really happy when I see that ASUS is coming really strong in this smartphone game. Keep up the good job and the fix updates and android updates coming.
Cheers mates!

2003dev16
Star III
Why there aren't any replies on this post by the officials? Please look into this.