Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS

【Release Date】

2020/09/21

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.
  2. Enabled VoLTE/VoWiFi on ICE (Norway).
  3. Updated Android security patch
  4. Fixed the issue with display brightness irregularities after locking/unlocking device
  5. Fixed mobile network instability issue with HK network
  6. Fixed the manual screen refresh rate cannot be maintained in low brightness 
  7. Improved display quality when playing video.
  8. Fixed the issue where the display brightness could become brighter after unlocking the device
  9. Fix the issue where in certain instances the original charger and cable could not charge the device
  10. Fix issue where in specific cases calls could not be received
  11. Fixed SMS issue when used KDDI SIM
  12. Update APN list

[200918] ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_17.0823.2008.70

39 REPLIES 39

xihe
Rising Star II

as19103

@ARP_ASUS Noticed one weird bug after 70 update. When opening gallery, screen suddenly has red tint and when exiting gallery the brigtness automatically gets increased.

View post
Brightness increased temporary for 1 sec when entering the gallery and again when exiting the gallery for mine. No red tint on mine.

as19103
Rising Star I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115349#Comment_115349

You are comparing apples with mangoes. Oled panels with high frequency is the issue.

View post
May be, But what about when both displays are set to 60Hz. Then both should be apple or both should be mangoes.

SilverBackCH
Star III
After the Update i dont have any problmes with Black Crush on my ROG 3! When i look Netflix there ist the problem but on Disney+ it works perfect.
So i think its a problem from the Netflix App!
Thanks
And pleas ad Swisscom and Sunrise (Switzerland)
VoLTE and WiFi Calling

MV
Rising Star II
as19103

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115364#Comment_115364

May be, But what about when both displays are set to 60Hz. Then both should be apple or both should be mangoes.

View post
I wished you were true but that all boils down to hardware. If you are a pc gamer you know how hard is to capture correct color gamut, hdr with high refresh rate and low price. Thats why we have cheap TN panels with high refresh rate and not so good color reproduction. On mobiles it's not a hell lot of different thing, for a better amoled panel OEM have to do trade off between components. If you want best amoled with 144hz you got to have a fortune to spend on that kind of stuff because issues with cheap panels can only be caliberated not rectified with software.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
MV

Black crush totally resolved. What an update.

So good that it can be skipped. 😃😃

img-20200921-wa0005.jpg

View post
Yes batman trailer is best benchmark for black crush issue.
Batman fighting evil in 2020.