Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS

【Release Date】

2020/09/21

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.
  2. Enabled VoLTE/VoWiFi on ICE (Norway).
  3. Updated Android security patch
  4. Fixed the issue with display brightness irregularities after locking/unlocking device
  5. Fixed mobile network instability issue with HK network
  6. Fixed the manual screen refresh rate cannot be maintained in low brightness 
  7. Improved display quality when playing video.
  8. Fixed the issue where the display brightness could become brighter after unlocking the device
  9. Fix the issue where in certain instances the original charger and cable could not charge the device
  10. Fix issue where in specific cases calls could not be received
  11. Fixed SMS issue when used KDDI SIM
  12. Update APN list

[200918] ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_17.0823.2008.70

39 REPLIES 39

John_p
Rising Star I
cool.ava.cool

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36021/new-fota-is-out

There is no improvement with the display black crush issue. I made a mistake by Upgrading from ROG2 to ROG3... I don't know when asus will fix this issue. I tried replacing my mobile on the second day after i received but Flipkart rejected my replacement. I'm not sure it is hardware or software issue. But if its not fix I hope Asus replaces my devices. @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @laura50123@laura

screenshot-20200921-123815713.jpg

@CH_ASUS @laura50123

screenshot-20200921-122745177.jpg

View post
I'm sharing a video. Pls tell me if u notice any black crush . I'm not able to notice anything as such
It has improved a lot compared to what it was before on my screen

as19103
Rising Star I
@ARP_ASUS Noticed one weird bug after 70 update. When opening gallery, screen suddenly has red tint and when exiting gallery the brigtness automatically gets increased.

Oxidian
Star II
Black crush is gone in my phone

as19103
Rising Star I
@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS I am attaching an image how colour band is shown on ROG 3 as compared to my old OP5T device. Both devices are at 50% brightness and 60Hz. If you look closely you can see how the there is just black color on ROG 3 as compared to gradual grey to black in OP5T. This is the issue that i see system wide. The blacks are ok but the issue is where the colors are not compete black they are dark shades of grey but Rog 3 shows them as black which creates a typical and weird colour. I hope you understand this. This is on latest 70 update.
img-20200921-130138-552-1-1.jpg

Aryan202
Community Legend I
as19103

@ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS I am attaching an image how colour band is shown on ROG 3 as compared to my old OP5T device. Bith devices are at 50% brightness. If you look closely you can see how the there is just black color on ROG 3 as compared to gradual grey to black in OP5T. This is the issue that i see system wide. The blacks are ok but the issue is where the colors are not compete black they are dark shades of grey but Rog 3 shows them as black which creates a typical and weird colour. I hope you understand this.

img-20200921-130138-552-1-1.jpg

View post
Could be due to different calibration maybe?
144hz OLED vs 60hz OLED
Higher hz probably has different calibration