ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Thunder_Demon
Star III

MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115274#Comment_115274

Really. Wasn't it working before on 144hz.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115275#Comment_115275

Hmm. Keep consoling yourself as money is now long gone.😄😄😄. And how many oled phones have you used lately.

View post
OnePlus 8pro,7pro,s20 ultra

as19103
Rising Star I
sjaganmohanbe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115263#Comment_115263

At brightness above 50%, there is a improvement. I can see the difference now. But at low brightness still heavy black crush issue persists. Seeing batman movie in dark room will always be scary in this device. Either we need to accept and move on or wait for asus magical fix to remove black crush completely. I think chances for that is very minimal

View post
Exactly, on lower brighness its just unbearbale. Its just not possible to use the device at high brightness all the time. I majorly use the device at lowest brightness.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
I checked my device on 144Hz and lowest brightness. The black crush has improved (checked the Batman trailer). But in YouTube app only, I saw red tint on the screen. But if I use other app or even if I go to switch apps, the red tint is gone. Also, if I increase the brightness a little, then red tint on youtube app is also gone.
I checked a few dark scenes on Netflix, no noticeable black crush issue.
Overall, I'm happy with the update.

as19103
Rising Star I
himverma2012

I checked my device on 144Hz and lowest brightness. The black crush has improved (checked the Batman trailer). But in YouTube app only, I saw red tint on the screen. But if I use other app or even if I go to switch apps, the red tint is gone. Also, if I increase the brightness a little, then red tint on youtube app is also gone.

I checked a few dark scenes on Netflix, no noticeable black crush issue.

Overall, I'm happy with the update.

View post
Did you purchase the device during initial sale?

John_p
Rising Star I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115278#Comment_115278

On high brightness it's fine. On low brightness is when oled starts showing its magic.

What brightness were you on. And screenshot might not show the real picture as eyes do.

View post
40% brightness I tried on 0 brightness as well but with 0 brightness there is no black crush as such just that the scene is so dark nothing can be scene . And yes screenshot will appear different on different screens but I think your screen has some problem coz I've never faced any issue like yours