This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mukesh_mehra1
Thank you for your reply. Kindly refer to the reply as below
1. For an user having the knowledge of performing "Root Integrity Check", I can not guarantee your usage behavior is as same as Pulakesh or other users. You may possibly trigger some process similar to unlock or root behavior. For an usage behavior as a ordinary user, the Factory Reset and SMMI test can assist me and the repair center to diagnose the big picture of the issue.
2. If you still need any assistance next time, as I mentioned above, I may need your logs for further checking after I confirm some essential information. Always willing to help.

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi mukesh_mehra1

Thank you for your reply. Kindly refer to the reply as below

1. For an user having the knowledge of performing "Root Integrity Check", I can not guarantee your usage behavior is as same as Pulakesh or other users. You may possibly trigger some process similar to unlock or root behavior. For an usage behavior as a ordinary user, the Factory Reset and SMMI test can assist me and the repair center to diagnose the big picture of the issue.

2. If you still need any assistance next time, as I mentioned above, I may need your logs for further checking after I confirm some essential information. Always willing to help.

View post
It is not rocket science or user familiarity on "Root Integrity Check". It's given in the 'Recovery Menu' of ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2, Android 9. One has to just select and wait for results.
Your point 2 says for further help, you may require logs for further checking, it's not clear what kind of logs? You asked for screenshot for SMMI test result for Display, which I sent, also with Touch test, which both were positive.
Let's be fair, ultimate reply from you would have been to take it to ASUS service.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mukesh_mehra1
Thank you for your reply. Nothing is rocket science here to be fair, we are not NASA 🙂
To check on your issue, please assist me to downgrade your device by the following steps below
1. Download "Version MaxProM1_downgrade_to_9" and then put the image file into the root directory of the MicroSD card.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ZenFone%20Max%20Pro(M1)(ZB602KL)/HelpDesk_BIOS/
2. Insert MicroSD card into phone and then power off the device.
3. Long press with "Power" key and "Volume Down" key together and stop after feel the vibration to enter Recovery Mode
4. Use "Volume Down/Up" key and press "Power" key to choose "Apply update from external storage"
5. Select the downgrade file
6. When the updating process is done, Choose "Wipe data/factory reset" and tap"Yes" to perform the master clear.
7. "Wipe cache partition" > "Yes"
8. "Reboot system now" 

#Android 10 to Android 9 Guide 
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042349

After downgrade to Android 9, if the issue persists, please  do not hesitate to contact me. I will PM you with the guide of collecting logs to avoid any personal information leaking.

anooops
Star II
Hi,
Its not proper to say "Not even one user reported issue of un-responsive screen" after update. I also had same issue on m2 and It started after march security patch update. Even visited service center. They checked and downgraded the android update to 8 and told me to not update to pie version for 1-2 months. After 3-4 months I updated to pie as an update notification always pops up in between any thing on daily basis, and hell ! screen again stopped working out of sudden. It's surprising that Asus is not aware about issue, while I am writing about the issue and explaining it customer service executive for last 6 months .
And yes I tried everything-
Safe mode
Hard reset
Downgrade
Upgrade.
Cache wipe
Still problem persists, at the time of writing of this comment, my phone is ON, Charged , Recharged, Full On Network, Finger Print Unlock working, but I am not able to use it because of a fault of yours for which we paid and suffered.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anooops
Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. The frequency of the zero-touch
2. Have you ever unlocked or rooted your device?
3. What is the firmware version you facing the issue? WW-16.2017.2009.097?
4. If you still can use the screen from time to time, can you provide me the logs in Android 9 for further checking? If you can not use the screen, please contact with the local repair center for further device checking.