This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging after update of feb-april

kenikaustubh
Star I
Before update battery charging was quite well. But from last month having problem of slow charging. After overnight charging also it gets charged from 5% to 70%.
Also shows 6 hrs for full charge
Please do something about this Team Asus

9 REPLIES 9

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, kindly follow the below steps:
To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.
then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).
charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.
now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.
keep the phone unused for 5 mins.
you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

JWRedPanda
Star I
Super slow charging speed, it stated need 12hours to fully charged from 50% battery. This occurs right after I update the phone
Model Name: ZenFone M1 Max Pro (ASUS_X00TD)
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2004.063-20200407
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime 9 out of 10 times
SIdenote: The GPS on my phone also does not work most of the time, will always show GPS lost, no signal, while on the other older phone does not have this issue.

pcyung83
Star I
I'm having the same problem everytime I do the patch update on phone.. I wonder why we must do the workaround to recalibrate the battery everytime after done patch update.. isn't there any solution on this as this issue happened since long time ago when I got this Zenfone Max pro M1. Another issue is the fingerprint and pattern unlock not working at the same time after updated that until I did long press hard restart to make it work.
I'm quite happy with this lower mid-range phone but same issues should not be keep happening and ask users to do workaround everytime. That's my only comments on this phone.

I thought of recalibrating the battery so it used extensively and discharged it.then I put it on charge went to.sleep at 12 woke up at 8:50 turned the phone on and viola fucking 87 percentage I'm a student so I need the phone for loads of stuff and I can't keep it on for charging for hours and this happened after the patch update ps: when the phone was on 1 percent I plugged it to the charger and it said 23 hours till full charge what the actual cinimon toast fuck is that

PaintABlack
Star I
I've had similar problems but I wasn't sure if it was due to the updates. My sot reduced to about 5hours and even less sometimes.
I checked the forum and tried the battery calibration, it took 8hr+ to charge it to 100, which was weird in itself but my sot improved to around 7hours.
But the charging was still a lot slow, so I tried the ampere app and tested the charging amps. Discovered it was (max) 390mA. Which is pretty low. That's why I didn't get "charging rapidly" when under 80%. So I changed the cable and now it gets a little over 1600mA (max), the "charging rapidly" returns as well. Did the calibration again, around 3hours to max charge this time.
Been getting around 10hours+ sot from 2 days now with around 3 hours of casual online games. Maybe would help you too.