This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114038#Comment_114038

You are currect, the only downside for a/b partitioning method is that it takes a lot of storage (2 to 5gb). Because of it a lot of OEM's are not implementing it in their devices (samsung have never used the a/b partitioning method). But it changes from android 11 because it does not allow any method other than a/b partitioning method for system update.

View post
So to conclude the thing comes up is that ASUS Zenfone update method is Block OTA. The article also says that Zenfone Max M1 owners faced problems after updates similar to mine. So this problem exits on Zenfones.
Now the surprising part is that how come, ASUS service is not aware about it? How can they recommend to change Touch screen when it is not required so? This reflects very poor on ASUS service and casts bad shadow on a very fine product.
On this page itself an ASUS customer Pulakesh is there looking for help, the problem is same what I faced, how are you people going to help him?

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
mukesh_mehra1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114072#Comment_114072

So to conclude the thing comes up is that ASUS Zenfone update method is Block OTA. The article also says that Zenfone Max M1 owners faced problems after updates similar to mine. So this problem exits on Zenfones.

Now the surprising part is that how come, ASUS service is not aware about it? How can they recommend to change Touch screen when it is not required so? This reflects very poor on ASUS service and casts bad shadow on a very fine product.

On this page itself an ASUS customer Pulakesh is there looking for help, the problem is same what I faced, how are you people going to help him?

View post
1. The root integrity check failing was caused by the recovery not being updated to android 9 from android Oreo that is why it is saying that 92 new files was found because it did not recognise the android 9 files, the only area where it can cause issues is when updating through fota and this issue was somehow solved by asus, it cannot cause touch issue .
2. No user have ever experienced a issue like yours, that is why the moderator said that.
3. If it was a software issue, manually updating the device by downloading the firmware from asus website should have fixed it(but I don't know how it was fixed when you updated your device to android 10).

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114287#Comment_114287

1. The root integrity check failing was caused by the recovery not being updated to android 9 from android Oreo that is why it is saying that 92 new files was found because it did not recognise the android 9 files, the only area where it can cause issues is when updating through fota and this issue was somehow solved by asus, it cannot cause touch issue .

2. No user have ever experienced a issue like yours, that is why the moderator said that.

3. If it was a software issue, manually updating the device by downloading the firmware from asus website should have fixed it(but I don't know how it was fixed when you updated your device to android 10).

View post
It's totally baseless. Alankar and Pulakesh to faced problems regarding touch and you go on to say this problem has only been on my phone. How many people must have got their screens replaced not knowing this problem exists.
Oreo to Android 9 must have been updated way back as on ASUS India site, too many upgrades of android 9 are there.
I can only say ASUS service is not upto the mark. Customer is given wrong advice or left all at sea.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
mukesh_mehra1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114366#Comment_114366

It's totally baseless. Alankar and Pulakesh to faced problems regarding touch and you go on to say this problem has only been on my phone. How many people must have got their screens replaced not knowing this problem exists.

Oreo to Android 9 must have been updated way back as on ASUS India site, too many upgrades of android 9 are there.

I can only say ASUS service is not upto the mark. Customer is given wrong advice or left all at sea.

View post
1. Why I said "No user have ever experienced a issue like yours, that is why the moderator said that" was because I have never seen any one post that their screen touch is not responding in the forum( since the launch of the device) and also the person who created the discussion stopped posting so that means the moderator and him have found the cause for the issue.
2. Service center only knows about major issues (like the device being bricked by a firmware update) and only things they can do is replace hardware, reflashing The firmware and replacing the whole device.
3. If you have any issues with the device then please post it in the forum or ask directly to the moderator @Christine_ASUS because he/she have helped a lot of people to replace the device when a software update bricked a lot of devices.

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114487#Comment_114487

1. Why I said "No user have ever experienced a issue like yours, that is why the moderator said that" was because I have never seen any one post that their screen touch is not responding in the forum( since the launch of the device) and also the person who created the discussion stopped posting so that means the moderator and him have found the cause for the issue.

2. Service center only knows about major issues (like the device being bricked by a firmware update) and only things they can do is replace hardware, reflashing The firmware and replacing the whole device.

3. If you have any issues with the device then please post it in the forum or ask directly to the moderator @Christine_ASUS because he/she have helped a lot of people to replace the device when a software update bricked a lot of devices.

View post
If you see this post, there are three people in total who are reporting the problem of touch not working. Alankar, the person who started this post, found the solution either through help from @Y_ASUS or himself that is not very much clear. Pulakesh did not find a solution and neither did I from the moderators.
Already @Christine_ASUS was there, when you elaborated with an article on the problems which are there with Zenfones, particularly M1's after OTA upgrade. With slight variations, Alankar's, Pulakesh's and my M2 problems were similar.
Pulakesh took it to ASUS service I also took it to ASUS service, and we were told to get the Screen replaced.
If problems in various ways are known to occur after ASUS OTA upgrade, with these Zenfones, then why does ASUS service not do a base firmware re-flash, instead of advice on unnecessary repair?