Max Pro M1 App Updates

Vlczech
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL
Firmware Version: WW-17.2017.2006.429
Rooted or not: original - not modified
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Play 21.6.13-21 [0] [PR] 327913455
I have set, that applications may update (via Google Play Store) only on wifi network. When I start update of apps on Google Play, and Wifi is lost, then the downloading is not interrupted (as on my previous phone with Android 6 i think?), but continues with donwloading and draines mobile data. This is not acceptable behaviour. In accordance with the settings, downloading may be interrupted either completely or until wifi is found (captured again) or optionaly it may wait also to confirm, that I want to continue with downloading via mobile data.
6 REPLIES 6

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Vlczech

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1 ZB602KL
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.2017.2006.429
  3. Rooted or not: original - not modified
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Play 21.6.13-21 [0] [PR] 327913455

I have set, that applications may update (via Google Play Store) only on wifi network. When I start update of apps on Google Play, and Wifi is lost, then the downloading is not interrupted (as on my previous phone with Android 6 i think?), but continues with donwloading and draines mobile data. This is not acceptable behaviour. In accordance with the settings, downloading may be interrupted either completely or until wifi is found (captured again) or optionaly it may wait also to confirm, that I want to continue with downloading via mobile data.

Max Pro M1 App Updates
Asus cannot do anything about it because Google own's Google play store not asus

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Vlczech
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
Settings>Apps & notifications>See all apps>Google Play Store>Mobile data & Wi-Fi>
1. Background data>close
2. App settings>App download preference>Over Wi-Fi only
3. App settings>Auto-update apps>Over Wi-Fi only
After setting the settings above, my devices, MPM1 with A10  WW-17.2017.2006.429 and MPM2 with A10 WW-17.2018.2004.424, will show "waiting for Wi-Fi" on Google Play Store update page while the Wi-Fi is close and mobile internet is open. Please try!

Vlczech
Star III
@Christine_ASUS : items 2 And 3 i had already set before I found this issue. I believe, that item 1 could not change behaviour of items 2 and 3, so there I see a bug.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Vlczech

@Christine_ASUS : items 2 And 3 i had already set before I found this issue. I believe, that item 1 could not change behaviour of items 2 and 3, so there I see a bug.

View post
Bug with what?
The phone or the Google play store app